Occupational Health Registered Nurse (RN) - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3610H - Human Resources
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
Under the general direction of the Director, HR Service Delivery, effectively coordinates all workers' compensation (WC) cases/claims to include general administration, comprehensive case management and compliance. This position works closely with the Leave of Absence Specialist. Collaborates with subject matter experts in Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) and clinical teams to maintain the highest level of expertise. Responsible for the review and approval of the employee return-to-work process. Works closely with the Occupational Health Medical Director to effectuate the return-to-work process. Provides back-up to the Manager, Occupational Health & Infection Control and the LOA Specialist. Performs exemplary customer service and assistance to employees and management. Delivers educational and training sessions. Rotates on-call for after hours response to work related injuries and exposures.
- Workers' Compensation
- Ensures that the WC program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and WC laws.
- Manages all work-related injuries and exposures. Works closely with injured employees to ensure relevant, completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with employees on WC leave and coordinates all aspects of the return-to-work process.
- Ensures that all reportable WC claims are submitted to the Company's WC insurance vendor. Manages the vendor in all aspects of the cases. Ensures employees receive exceptional customer service and timely follow-up.
- Conducts investigations of alleged fraudulent activity of WC claims.
- Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for WC claims.
- Coordinates and organizes medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Serves as a medical resource to supervisors and injured workers answering questions relating to diagnosis, care plan, and progression of care to reach treatment goals on an expedient basis. Answers general questions related to leave management and Occupational Health processes.
- Reviews requests for declination of Occupational Health requirements (vaccines, respiratory fit tests, etc.).
- Collaborates with Occupational Health Medical Director to ensure delivery of appropriate treatment plan, next steps and employee return-to-work process.
- Reviews new hire medical history forms and follows up as appropriate.
- Meets regularly, as needed, with team members to review the status of cases/claims.
- Facilitates the Fitness for Duty evaluations, guides the process with management and human resources on the best course of action.
- Is cross trained in all activities of the LOA Specialist to provide back-up for sick, PTO, etc.
- Provides back-up for the Manager, Occupational Health & Infection Control for sick, PTO, etc.
- Rotates on-call for after-hours response to work related injuries and exposures. This is in rotation with the Manager, Occupational Health & Infection Control.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current Arizona RN license in good standing.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three years of experience managing workers' compensation claims.
- Three years of clinical experience.
- Previous experience with employee occupational health preferred.
- Previous experience with leaves of absence preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve internal/external customer issues with a positive win-win attitude.
- Ability to accurately work with Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other specific databases with above average typing speed and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively communicate and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy - Effective performers have a high level of energy and the motivation to sustain it over time. They are ambitious and passionate about their role in the organization. They have the stamina and endurance to handle the substantial workload present in today's organization. They are motivated to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce even in exhausting circumstances.
- Functional/Technical Expertise - Effective performers are knowledgeable and skilled in a functional specialty (e.g., finance, marketing, operations, information technologies, human resources, etc.). They add organizational value through unique expertise in a functional specialty area. They remain current in their area of expertise and serve as a resource in that area for the organization.
- High Standards - Effective performers establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail. They continually seek to improve processes and products, and they hold staff accountable for quality. They find best practices, share them, and then improve upon them.
- Initiative - Effective performers are proactive and take action without being prompted. They don't wait to be told what to do or when to do it. They see a need, take responsibility and act on it. They make things happen.
- Integrity - Effective performers think and act ethically and honestly. They apply ethical standards of behavior to daily work activities. They take responsibility for their actions and foster a work environment where integrity is rewarded.
Hiring Manager: Deb Gower