Staff Accountant - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3611F - Finance and Accounting
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
The Accountant performs all of the activities regarding the data entry, reconciliation and maintenance of the general ledger, fixed assets, inventory, and lease modules in the accounting system. This role coordinates with various stakeholder's cross-functionally to ensure that accurate and timely data is collected. The Accountant takes an active role in the daily management of general ledger accounting, fixed assets, inventory, and lease modules for the company working alongside multiple professionals in the accounting department.
- Prepare GL journal entries and monthly accruals to assist with the month-end close. Must be able to prioritize workload and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and investigate discrepancies.
- Responsible for creating new fixed asset records in the accounting system's fixed asset module with appropriate class, useful life, salvage value, and depreciation method for all book and tax ledgers.
- Responsible for creating new lease records in the lease module with appropriate value, class, lease term, and depreciation period.
- Calculation and processing of monthly depreciation, capitalization of CIP projects and retirements.
- Timely research and resolution of issues as they arise, including preparing the necessary adjusting entries
- Build and maintain robust process documentation for Fixed Assets and Leases including flow charts and desk procedures.
Other duties as assigned in support of the Finance & Accounting department
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- 2+ years of Accounting experience
- Prior experience at a national or top regional public accounting firm or a large corporate accounting department preferred
- This position is designated Safety Sensitive for purposes of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act.
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy - Effective performers have a high level of energy and the motivation to sustain it over time. They are ambitious and passionate about their role in the organization. They have the stamina and endurance to handle the substantial workload present in today's organization. They are motivated to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce even in exhausting circumstances.
- Functional/Technical Expertise - Effective performers are knowledgeable and skilled in a functional specialty (e.g., finance, marketing, operations, information technologies, human resources, etc.). They add organizational value through unique expertise in a functional specialty area. They remain current in their area of expertise and serve as a resource in that area for the organization.
- High Standards - Effective performers establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail. They continually seek to improve processes and products, and they hold staff accountable for quality. They find best practices, share them, and then improve upon them.
- Initiative - Effective performers are proactive and take action without being prompted. They don't wait to be told what to do or when to do it. They see a need, take responsibility and act on it. They make things happen.
- Integrity - Effective performers think and act ethically and honestly. They apply ethical standards of behavior to daily work activities. They take responsibility for their actions and foster a work environment where integrity is rewarded.
Hiring Manager: Dustin Reeves