Flight Nurse - Wickenburg, AZ - Sign on Bonus up to $25,000 effective through 01/31/2023
- - 3756T - Nurse-Med-Wickenburg AZ
- Wickenburg, AZ, USA
- Full Time
- Performs a wide range of specialized functions and complex assessments, diagnoses, therapies and emergency treatment of patients transported by rotor-wing and/or fixed wing and/or ground.
- Documents appropriate and accurate information for assessment and treatment during stabilization and transport.
- Documents accurate and complete billing information of patient transports.
- Maintains and facilitates effective and timely communication between management, internal and external customers.
- Participates in activities to support PR and marketing efforts.
- Maintains knowledge base for flight nursing role by attending mandatory meetings, chart reviews, equipment reviews, skill labs, clinical rotations, and continuing education sessions related to the care and transport of critically ill and/or injured patients.
- Completes all annual recurrent competency requirements.
- Maintains an active RN license and all certifications required by policy.
- Clinically functions under the direction of the program's Medical Director through medical protocols and procedures and online medical guidance. For clinical matters, reports directly to the program's Manager of Clinical Services and indirectly to the National Director of Clinical Standards.
- Schedule varies
- Must have an active RN license to practice in the state employed.
- Minimum of three years (five years preferred) of current critical care/emergency experience.
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, and TNATC, TNCC, ITLS, or PHTLS. NRP preferred. Instructor certifications preferred.
- CFRN within twenty-four months of hire.
- Flight or transport experience preferred.
- Must successfully complete the PHI Air Medical Group education/orientation program.
- Effective human relations skills required for interfacing with all levels of personnel and external customers.
- Must meet and maintain clinical personnel weight restriction limit for flight according to policy.
- Must possess basic computer skills for e-mail, electronic charting, etc.
- Ability to communicate verbally, effectively and clearly in person and by radio
- Must maintain body weight below 215 lbs
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift up to 100 pounds) and drug screening
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
Hiring Manager: Bree Robarge
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com