Manager, Human Resources - Phoenix, AZ - NEW
- - 3610H - Human Resources
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
Reporting to the Vice President of Human resources, the Human Manager is responsible for project managing and overseeing reporting, analytics, onboarding processes, benefits, payroll, and human resources information functions. The position manages the daily operations of the human resources department, including developing and implementing policies and procedures, managing all required reporting, and maintaining compliance with all regulatory related requirements.
- Responsible for multistate employee relations management, including internal and external communications, inquiries, and investigations.
- Understand legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources and employment-related functions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by keeping up with regulatory changes, enforces adherence to requirements; advises management on needed actions. This can include paid sick leave laws, customer requirements, etc.
- Develop and execute strategies that focus on policy creation or updates, employee turnover, morale, and workforce development while meeting the organization's financial needs.
- Oversee and assist with the onboarding process, paperwork requirements and documentation.
- Develop an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) and train leaders as needed.
- Responsible for oversight of employee separation and termination notices. Accountable for documentation and exit interviews.
- Review, maintain, and monitor audit request for government regulations.
- Assess and provide performance management guidance to management (coaching, conflict resolution, harassment prevention, counseling, career development, corrective actions, etc.)
- Mentor employees and leaders in areas related to human resources.
- Consult internal stakeholders such as leadership, government relations, legal, etc., as needed
- Revises existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business management or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multistate human resources support.
- Healthcare or Aviation experience preferred.
- Strong management experience, including multi-state compliance requirements, as well as federal/state/local regulations.
- Strong experience in transition, integration, or implementation of new systems.
- HR certification (PHR or SHRM-CP) highly preferred
- Highly proficient and Microsoft office products, advanced level in Excel and Word.
- Professional in matters of high confidentiality.
- This position is designated Safety Sensitive for purposes of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act.
- Monday - Friday
- Phoenix, AZ
- Regular pay scale applies
Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
Champion Customer Needs - You anticipate customer needs and exceed expectations by responding safely, promptly and courteously.
Demonstrate Business Thinking - You demonstrate a high regard for company profitability and financial strength in our day-to-day work. You understand and reinforce with our people that a successful business and serving others go hand in hand.
Influence Others - Embracing your role as leader, you motivate people to take action, supporting your teams as well as our organizational vision and goals.
Cultivate the workforce - You continuously look for creative ways to engage and develop people, encouraging all to see their work as critical to the organization.
Own the Outcome - You accept responsibility, including mistakes, and hold yourself and others accountable for safe, measurable, high-quality, timely and cost-effective results.
Hiring Manager: Maria Costella