Buyer Planner III - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3835L - Admin-Supply Chain-PHI Health
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
Under the general direction of the Manager of Supply Chain Management, the Buyer/Planner III will be responsible for the purchase goods of medical supplies, medicine, materials and services and company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. This position will hold responsibility for projects, and/or strategic accounts. Additionally, this position will operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to key accounts and strategic partners, to include monthly and quarterly business reviews. This position will also negotiate contracts, analyze, establish and track contracts, place buys and manage suppliers. This crucial role participates in supplier selection, evaluation and retention and meeting internal client objectives while achieving maximum overall cost effectiveness. This position interacts with internal stakeholders and with external vendors.
- Under direct and indirect guidance Buyer/Planner III is required to become proficient in their assigned areas.
- Lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to key accounts and strategic partners, to include monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Using data from the (ERP) - Enterprise resource planning System and other sources, determine material requirements and actions to meet those requirements. (Exchange, loan, etc,)
- Determine the supplier and pricing, then issue a purchase or repair order to the appropriate supplier.
- Prioritize orders and shipments to satisfy needs. (Normal, expedite and AOG)
- Support inventory count as required. (Reconciliation, investigation, counts, surveys)
- Manage repair orders to meet system requirements.
- Communicate with supervisor on items that may drive operational performance and require assistance.
- Ensure that parts purchased, repaired, or rented for aircraft have the appropriate regulatory documents.
- Manage supplier performance and incorporate corrective action when required.
- Invoice management related to discrepancies created by procurement and/or supplier.
- Manage major supplier accounts to meet contractual obligations.
- Manage all supplier claims for warranty and/or non-performance.
- Management of established contracts. Participate in creation and negotiation of new contracts.
- Accountable for ensuring corporate Safety Management System activities are being effectively applied by staff personnel within PHI.
- Promote PHI's Destination Zero initiative.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- High School or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience preferred, or 7+ years relevant work experience in lieu of education.
- Must have experience managing a purchasing portfolio in a global, multi-functional environment, including complex tax, regulatory and industry-specific requirements.
- Solid knowledge of business and economic issues, cost structures and contracts. Deep understanding of the relevant industry, including cost drivers, market dynamics and the competitive landscape.
- Strong analytical and communication skills that can be utilized to influence and drive the decision making process.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously and maintain tight timelines while meeting targeted savings outcomes.
- Strong conflict management, problem-solving and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Knowledge of program management tools and technique.
- Collaboration & Teamwork, seeks out and values diversity in people and perspectives; manages conflict in a manner that improves results and relationships; acts in the best interest of all of our organization's stakeholders.
- Caring & Service, Consistently treats others with respect; holds team accountable to high service standards; appropriately involves others in decisions impacting them.
- This position is designated Safety Sensitive for purposes of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act.
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy - Effective performers have a high level of energy and the motivation to sustain it over time. They are ambitious and passionate about their role in the organization. They have the stamina and endurance to handle the substantial workload present in today's organization. They are motivated to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce even in exhausting circumstances.
- Functional/Technical Expertise - Effective performers are knowledgeable and skilled in a functional specialty (e.g., finance, marketing, operations, information technologies, human resources, etc.). They add organizational value through unique expertise in a functional specialty area. They remain current in their area of expertise and serve as a resource in that area for the organization.
- High Standards - Effective performers establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail. They continually seek to improve processes and products, and they hold staff accountable for quality. They find best practices, share them, and then improve upon them.
- Initiative - Effective performers are proactive and take action without being prompted. They don't wait to be told what to do or when to do it. They see a need, take responsibility and act on it. They make things happen.
- Integrity - Effective performers think and act ethically and honestly. They apply ethical standards of behavior to daily work activities. They take responsibility for their actions and foster a work environment where integrity is rewarded
Hiring Manager: Ryan Blanzy