Manager, Strategic Sourcing - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3835L - Admin-Supply Chain-PHI Health
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
Under the general direction of the Director, Supply Chain, PHI Health is seeking a resourceful Strategic Sourcing Manager to develop and implement improved strategic sourcing policies. The chosen candidate will be creating cost estimates and forecasts, negotiating cost-effective contracts with key suppliers, and overseeing our sourcing team. To ensure success as a Strategic Sourcing Manager, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of negotiation strategies and extensive experience in a similar role. An accomplished strategic sourcing manager will be someone whose expertise translates into an optimized supply base, a quality-first culture, excellent supplier relations, and competitive cost-savings.
- Evaluating sourcing procedures and presenting improvement strategies to senior leadership for approval
- Analyzing and calculating procurement costs and developing cost reduction strategies
- Driving purchasing decisions based on cost and scenario analysis, as well as market trends
- Negotiating contracts with key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service, and quality
- Collaborating with the purchasing department to identify and pursue new supplier opportunities
- Conducting market research, as well as creating cost estimates and forecasts
- Hiring, developing, and managing sourcing department employees
- Estimating risks and applying risk minimizing techniques, as well as negotiating contracts that adhere to industry regulations
- Maintaining strategic sourcing relationships and developing strong partnerships with internal customers / external vendors
- Accountable for ensuring corporate Safety Management System activities are being effectively applied by staff personnel within PHI
- Promote PHI's Destination Zero initiative
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, or in a related field required
- A Master's degree in business or specialization/certification in advanced supply chain/procurement management preferred
- Ten years' sourcing/procurement experience in a related industry (Aviation and/or Medical Sourcing)
- Expertise in sourcing methodologies and processes
- Advanced abilities in analytics and manipulation of analytical tools (Excel, Power BI, SQL, etc...)
- Superb leadership and communication skills
- Advanced experience and ability in supplier collaboration / cross-functional leadership
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking abilities
- Willingness to travel to develop, promote, and maintain strategic sourcing relationships
- Advanced in internal/external supplier management and root cause analysis / problem solving
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to drive change in a global organization with minimum supervision
- This position is designated Safety Sensitive for purposes of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act.
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Leader Identification - Effective performers identify with the role of leader and enjoy positions of responsibility and the exercise of authority. They understand that management is a distinct vocation and choose to be in a leadership position.
- Organizing & Planning - Effective performers have strong organizing and planning skills that allow them to be highly productive and efficient. They manage their time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks. They plan, organize, and actively manage meetings for maximum productivity.
- Results Orientation - Effective performers maintain appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments. They are motivated by achievement and persist until the goal is reached. They convey a sense of urgency to make things happen. They respect the need to balance short- and long-term goals. They are driven by a need for closure.
- Talent Management - Effective performers keep a continual eye on the talent pool, monitoring skills and needs of all team members. They expand the skills of staff through training, coaching, and development activities related to current and future jobs. They evaluate and articulate present performance and future potential to create opportunities for better use of staff abilities. They identify developmental needs and assist individuals in developing plans to improve themselves. They stay proficient in appropriate talent management processes, including best practices for prospecting, recruiting, selection, orientation, and succession management.
- Team Management - Effective performers create and maintain functional work units. They understand the human dynamics of team formation and maintenance. They formulate team roles and actively recruit and select to build effective workgroups. They develop and communicate clear team goals and roles, and they provide a level of guidance and management appropriate to the circumstances. They reward team behavior and foster a team atmosphere in the workplace.
Hiring Manager: Michael Santon