Data Scientist - Phoenix, AZ - NEW
- - 3629S - Admin-AMG IT-EMS Mgmt-SG&A
- AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
Under the general direction of the Director of IT, the data scientist is responsible for establishing standards, processes and procedures for data, data distribution and business intelligence (BI) architecture for the company. The data scientist produces data analysis, develops, and deploys data statistical models. Takes data from various systems throughout the organization and performs, identifies and visualizes data utilizing prescriptive and predictive analytics. Troubleshoots, debugs and upgrades existing data science software.
- Creates Microsoft Power BI visualizations to present key data to executives and large customer accounts. Uses statistics to identify data trends and present the results to impact the product and business
- Works with business partners to develop new statistical models and/or analytical data solutions.
- Communicates analysis and results to a broad audience with varying levels of expertise.
- Queries databases and perform statistical, mathematical analysis
- Assists colleagues in retraining models as needed
- Performance analysis of existing tools and models to help drive business outcomes
- Troubleshoots, debugs and upgrades existing data science software
- Writes technical documentation
- Works with and creating data architectures
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related discipline required
- 7+ Years of Experience Working in a Data Scientist or Statistician Role preferred
- Expert level Experience in MS Power BI
- Knowledge in Python, R, and other statistical tools
- Knowledge in MS SQL, Snowflake, and other database tools
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Ability to understand and interpret results from multiple regression types, gradient boosting, decision trees, and other machine learning techniques
- Excel skills a plus
- Ability to access, handle, and manipulate multiple data formats
- Superb leadership and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional practical and strategic thinking abilities
- Willingness to travel to develop, promote, and maintain internal/external relationships
- Advanced in internal/external problem solving skills
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to drive change in a global organization with minimum supervision
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
Hiring Manager: Jarel Morrow