Access Specialist I - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3620C - Comm Spec-Patient Navigation
- AZ, USA
- Full Time
- Provides high quality customer service to all customers / clients of PHI Health via face to face and telephone interactions.
- Coordinates PHI Health functions in support of emergent, urgent and elective patients to a final destination facility from all potential referral sources to include but not limited to hospitals, clinics, Nursing Homes, and physician offices via a single call to initiate acceptance and expedite decision making relative to a potential access in support of PHI Health clients.
- Facilitates patient throughput to a final destination facility with an ongoing focus on quality and efficiency.
- Works directly with staff at each client facility to ensure timely access, appropriate bed assignment, and accurate patient information documentation to assist with an appropriate final destination plan of care at receiving facility.
- Ensures accurate and concurrent data collection and maintenance of all patient information, and protects such as defined by HIPAA laws and regulations on behalf of client and PHI Health.
- Proficient in database, telephone systems with call recording, and / or Bed Management systems and office-oriented systems as required to support client operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to process and prioritize tasks utilizing critical thinking, excellent communication, decision making, and acquired knowledge skills to assist in assessing situations and facilitate patient flow across the continuum of care for each client facility.
- Demonstrates the ability to triage and prioritize patient information under the direction of an RN and communicate an accurate presentation of the patient for accepting physicians and nurses.
- Completes all training and is competent in the application of Bed Management, Patient throughput and access, Intermural, EMTALA, HIPAA, and other programs as defined by PHI Health leadership.
- Communicates with physicians and outlying facilities regarding all patient access, potential bed placements, and assists with coordinating patient movement from one facility to another based on defined protocols and criteria.
- Uses problem-solving skills in collaboration with the Access Specialist II & III to make recommendations that promotes the best potential patient outcome based on clinical information, patient and / or physician preferences, and the capability / capacity of both transferring and receiving facilities.
- Utilizes effective and professional communication to act as liaison on behalf of client facilities between physicians, patient/family, hospital staff, and outside agencies.
- Tracks and trends barriers to PHI Health and client processes and makes recommendations and assists with the development of action plans to improve processes and systems.
- Participates in daily bed management meetings (possibly virtual) as deemed appropriate and effectively communicates resources and issues relative to clients' established objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements such as EMTALA, PHI Health and client Ethics and Compliance policies, quality initiatives, and HIPAA laws and regulations; monitors self-compliance and implements process changes to ensure compliance to such regulations and quality initiatives.
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care; escalates issues through the established Chain of Command in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as assigned within defined Scope of Practice.
- 3 & 4
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
Training / License / Certifications:
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, analytical and critical thinking, prioritization, negotiation, conflict resolution, proactive decision making
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Previous Customer Service experience required
- Three years of related customer service and or call center experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement drug test and background screen
- This position is designated Safety Sensitive for purposes of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act.
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
Hiring Manager: Dana Wright
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com