Senior Counsel - Phoenix, AZ - NEW
- - 3621A - Admin-EMS-Administrative
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
Reporting to the Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, this position provides general legal services to PHI Health. This position is responsible for the legal review of contracts, addressing regulatory compliance matters, developing subpoena responses, and managing outside counsel (among other things). This position must stay up to date on laws and regulations affecting the organization which are applicable to the position, including federal and state laws such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Balanced and Surprise Billing Laws, Payment Card Industry Standards and Telephone Consumer Protection Act obligations (among others).
- Position must stay current on federal and state laws, related to air ambulance.
- With each legal matter, this position researches and reviews the applicability of federal and state laws and regulations.
- Works closely with business leaders to identify, evaluate and consider risks; propose alternative actions to mitigate and/or prevent legal issues.
- Responsible for drafting and maintaining contract templates and forms.
- Supervise outside counsel.
- Manage disputes and resolutions in litigation and/or to mitigate litigations.
- Manages the budget for each case in litigation and provides updates on case status.
- Manages legal budget allocations, prepare statements and conduct investigations regarding customer debts.
- Support the development and review of Policies and Procedures as applicable.
- Provides training and education programs to staff.
- Travel to other locations to meet business needs.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Juris Doctorate degree accredited by the American Bar Association, required
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state. Active member of the Arizona State Bar, preferred.
- Strong understanding of Healthcare or Aviation regulatory experience, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in practice.
- Strong understanding of Privacy and HIPAA and Medical Billing regulations, as they pertain to legal support.
- Negotiation skills required.
- Demonstrable maturity, professionalism, and gravitas.
- Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioral styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Knowledge of current and developing legal issues and trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of the judicial system and procedures.
- Knowledge of legal documentation procedures and requirements.
- Ability to develop and implement legal strategies and solutions.
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.