Billing Support Specialist - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Prioritize and share in distribution and processing of high volume of daily work along with various departmental projects.
- Demonstrate proficiency in PFS billing systems and external software as required.
- Ability to review, and evaluate patient accounts for appropriate handling in response to correspondence or phone calls.
- Scanning and Data Entry of all incoming correspondence.
- Contact patients, guarantors and facilities to obtain additional information for insurance processing.
- Document Control of patient records to include support of all HIPAA requirements.
- Mailing outgoing claims, invoices and letters.
- Perform insurance verification and requesting patient demographics from facilities in support of pre-billing.
- Perform basic collection activities to include patient calls to discuss balance, setting up payment plans and screening for client charity plan submission.
- Basic understanding of explanation of benefits from payers and insurance collections terms.
- Display competence in communication both (verbal and written) and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate and maintain consistent customer focus in the face of adversity and change.
- Participate in increasing responsibility through ongoing training to support other teams.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position is designated Safety Sensitive for purposes of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Have 1 year of previous experience in medical billing/collections or applicable customer service experience along with completion/certification of medical billing.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and using office equipment.
- Have PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel at a high level.
- Must have prior experience with email and using the web.
- Must be able to pass pre-placement drug screening and background screen
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com