Patient Coordination Specialist - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Serve as an advocate to patients to assist with claim processing, patient balance billing and claim escalation procedures.
- Coordinates patient advocacy and claim escalation process integration.
- Acts as an advocate and liaison between patients and insurance.
- Supports patients in the process of claim escalation and resolution.
- Assists patients in Department of Insurance claim filing and complaint filing and follow up.
- Demonstrates the ability to contact insurances in an assertive, consistent and knowledgeable manner in order to appropriately respond and guide patients through the claim escalation and complaint process.
- Investigates payer processes and patient rights to develop a plan of action to resolve payer payment disputes.
- Track successful trends with payers and report findings to management.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Understands all rules, regulations and policies regarding patient rights (CMS, HIPAA FDCPA, EMS, etc.)
- Supports company Safety Management System activities
- Complies with company HS&E policies and procedures
- Understands and provides visible support of Destination Zero
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent 5+ years of medical billing and/or collection experience
- Advanced customer service skills
- Previous auditing, quality assurance and analytical experience required
- Healthcare administration background preferred
- Professional oral and written presentation skills required
- Preferential consideration will be provided to current employees who have demonstrated the abilities and education to perform the job requirements as documented in the description above.
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement drug test and background screen
- This position is designated Safety Sensitive for purposes of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act.
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com