Lead VFR Captain - Dalhart, TX
- - 3190P - Pilots-OPS-Dalhart TX-EMS
- Dalhart, TX, USA
- Full Time 14&14
- PHI Air Medical (operating under CAMTS guidelines)
- BH407 Lead Pilot VFR/NVG (Instrument rating required)
- 24 Hrs. operations (day/night rotation)
- If successful applicant requires aircraft transition - 1 year minimum service requirement
- Successful applicant must live within one hour drive time of the Dalhart base.
- If the lead pilot position is awarded to an applicant internal to the Dalhart base this posting will revert to a line pilot position.
- On hitch housing will be provided
- Schedule 7/7 Day/Night Rotation, schedule 1 (change may be required based on customer needs)
- Successful applicant must live within one hour drive of the base.
- Qualified on the VE7A certificate
- Commercial and Instrument Helicopter Ratings
- First Class Medical
- CAMTS Requirement // 2,000 Total Hours // 1,500 Hours Helicopter // 1,000 Hours PIC Helicopters // 500 Hours Turbine Helicopters // 100 Hours in Unaided Night Operations or 50 Hours Unaided and 100 Hours Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- Helicopter candidates must meet 215 pounds body weight for single and twin engine helicopter
- Strong Communication, Internal and External Customer Service Skills
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift up to 100 pounds to assist in the loading and unloading of patients and equipment.), drug screening and background screen.
- Basic and geographical pay
- External search may run concurrently with internal job posting.
- Successful applicant will participate in community outreach programs and adhere to PHI Air Medical policies.
- Some lifting will be required to assist in the loading and unloading of patients and equipment.
- Perform line pilot duties IAW GOM.
- Support Safety Management System, Destination Zero, and other company safety campaigns.
- Work with both internal and external customers to provide safe, efficient, courteous, and reliable service.
LEAD PILOT DUTIES
- Under the supervision of Air Medical Base Supervisor/Business Operations Manager, Area Operations Manager and general direction of the Director of Operations, Chief Pilot, and the Manager of the Scheduling Department, insure a staff of pilots are maintained with the knowledge and skill required to operate the various types of aircraft at that base I.A.W. General Operations Manual (GOM) and FAA regulations.
- Coordinates with Air Medical Base Supervisor/Business Operations Manager and Area Manager for business planning, marketing and efficient operation of EMS base.
- Supervision of EMS base pilots to include, professional development, assessments, counseling and recommending disciplinary action as required.
- Responsible to work with Air Medical Base Supervisor/Business Operations Manager for scheduling base pilots' occupational health compliance, safety training and assisting the Training Dept in the scheduling of recurrent training.
- Per base scheduling duties to include monthly schedule, workover assignments and status, sick call,/vacation/open shift coverage, to include collaboration with other lead pilots, if necessary to cover open shifts.
- If off duty and unavailable, the lead pilot will assure that open shifts are covered by a responsible party.
- Timely distribution of monthly schedule to appropriate departments including timely updates regarding changes to Area Manager and appropriate offices/supervisors.
- Responsible to work with Air Medical Base Supervisor/Business Operations Manager for base pilots' bonus /expense vouchers approvals for payment.
- Audits routine base bills and processes for payment. Per other duties that may be assigned to them by the Air Medical Base Supervisor/Business Operations Manager and Area Operations Manager.
- Insure that all paperwork and reports are neat, accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Insure compliance with FAA Regulations and Company Policies and Procedures by all personnel under their supervision.
- Keeps the Area and Maintenance Managers and Scheduling Dept informed of the operational status of his/her aircraft.
- Participate in safety meetings and assist the base safety representatives in insuring flight safety, maintain a safe workplace and safety audits.
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Conflict Management – Can recognize that conflict can be a valuable part of the decision-making process.
- Mission Focus – Understands and supports the organization's mission – its core purpose of being.
- Positive Impact – Can make positive impressions on those around you.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – Can identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgment.
- Team Player – Can identify with a larger organizational team and their role within it.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com