Prebilling & Financial Liaison - Billing Specialist II - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Acts as a patient advocate when discussing outstanding balances to include third party payer options and Medicaid qualification process
- Basic understanding of payer fee schedules and claim requirements to include facility contracts
- Categorize and quantify payer billing issues for resolution reporting to management
- Demonstrate ability to contact insurances and government agencies in order to obtain eligibility, to process authorizations or discuss benefits and billing requirements
- Demonstrate and maintain consistent customer focus in the face of adversity and change both internal and external
Demonstrate proficiency in GH Live, GE/Centricity and external software as required
- Demonstrates time management skills to support uneven volumes and monthly close requirements
- Demonstrates understanding of insurance types, financial classes for support of compliant billing
- Good working knowledge of HCPCS, CPT, ICD-9/ICD-10 codes, medical terminology and clinical documentation.
- Identify appropriate contacts and develop/maintain a professional relationship with all facilities and first responders in order to obtain demographic information for billing
- Identify clinical and dispatch document discrepancies per PHI policies in order to support compliant and accurate billing
- May assist with special projects related to payer issues or overall collection shortfalls
- Must demonstrate positive teaming, effective cooperation in all communication within established team and throughout the entire PFS department
- Notify clinical and dispatch personnel of any document discrepancies per PHI policies in order to support compliant and accurate billing
- Organize work through assigned queues to ensure all transports are billed accurately in a timely manner
- Participate in increasing responsibility through ongoing training and expansion of duties
- Perform, identify, collect and confirm insurance coverage to include obtaining prior authorization, third party liability and coordinator of benefits
- Performs in-depth account review for proper clinical charts, dispatch, facility for support of compliant billing
- Performs in-depth account review for proper field requirements for support of the compliant billing
- Performs research for new payers and their compliant billing requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft windows, Excel, and word. Proven ability to manage files and use all web based tools available
- Represents PHI in a customer centered and compassionate manner when contacting patients and their families to obtain billing information
- Understand billing requirements and system requirements to bill all insurances in support of clean claims – electronic or paper
- Understand billing requirements for all payers and programs and participate in ensuring claims are accurate prior to submission
- Complying with Company HS&E policy and procedures
- Responsible for supporting company Safety Management Systems activities
- Understand and provide visible support of Destination Zero
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Have 1 to 3 years of previous experience in medical billing/collections in a medical office, clinical site, or billing/collections office.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and using office equipment.
- Have PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Must have prior experience with email and using the web.
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement drug test and background screen
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com