Billing Support Specialist II - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Prioritize and share in distribution and processing of high volume of work
- Demonstrate proficiency in GH Live, GE/Centricity and external software as required
- Ability to review, and evaluate patient accounts for appropriate handling in response to correspondence or phone calls
- Scanning and Data Entry of all incoming correspondence
- Ability to identify and summarize all documents and determine next action
- Ability to navigate shared drive to post and retrieve documents
- Demonstrate understanding of HIPAA when working with patient records to include release of information
- Coordinate with PHI's Privacy Officer to ensure all PHI's processes and procedures are followed for distribution of information
- Perform lien review and lien release while working closely with Director of Patient Financial Services
- Perform insurance verification in support of pre-billing
- Demonstrates basic understanding of insurance types, financial classes and COB
- Perform basic collection activities to include patient calls to discuss balance, setting up payment plans and screening for client charity plan submission
- Provides support in ensuring all support functions are meeting production goals in a timely manner
- Provides oversight of CIP accounts to ensure state specific guidelines and research is followed
- Assists management with month end reports to include billing and ensure CIP's are current.
- Understands all policies and procedures in order to ensure that training and auditing align with policies
- Perform Attachment removals and TRW requests for assigned states
- Provide on-the-job training for new hires and existing employees with additional training needs.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Have 1 year of previous experience in medical billing/collections or applicable customer service experience along with completion/certification of medical billing.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and using office equipment.
- Have PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel at a high level.
- Must have prior experience with email and using the web.
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com