Communications Specialist - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3774C - Comm Spec-EMS Communications
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 3&4
- Responsible for assimilating various forms of information to make quality decisions while performing a wide range of specialized functions and complex communication services (requests for transport, assessment and triage of multiple incoming requests for transport, and radio communications with all airborne aircraft) for all transport modalities.
- Maintain effective and comprehensive communication with crew members (medical and aviation) and aircraft utilizing complex, statewide, multi-channeled voting radio system. Must also perform constant flight following procedures with all aircraft during missions according to FAA and PHI Air Medical policies.
- Documents appropriate and accurate detailed medical information pertaining to patient condition and all aspects of transport activity, which becomes a legal document. Coordinates the details of medical transports (nationally and internationally) by working with the aviation, medical and communications departments in conjunction with the requesting agency and other appropriate resources.
- Accurately inputs all flight and ground transport information into network database with special regard to FAA Part 135 and PHI Air Medical policies and procedures. Maintains a working knowledge of FAA rules and regulations (pertaining to Part 135) and remains current and complies with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains and facilitates positive relationships with referring and receiving facilities and pre-hospital agencies to ensure a safe, coordinated and expeditious response for emergency assistance and/or transport for all customers'internal and external. Utilizes good customer service practices in accomplishing these tasks.
- Implements proper procedures for notification of administration personnel and/or appropriate agencies in the event of incidents, accidents, or emergency situations involving personnel according to established policies and procedures.
- Attends certain departmental staff meetings and continuing education meetings.
- Receive incoming quote requests for long distance air medical transports. Using various software programs, calculate price quote based on closest appropriate fixed wing base. Educate caller as to all aspects of services associated with a long distance air medical transport, i.e., aircraft, medical crew, ground ambulance arrangements, etc.
- Initiate front-end billing process for quoted patient accounts going to Patient Financial Services. Assist Patient Financial Services with follow-up on accounts as needed.
- On a daily basis, provide outbound follow-up calls to requestors regarding quote status. Attempt to identify and fill backhaul (empty) flight legs. Keep transplant patient files current with up-to-date contact information, hospital and case management contacts, etc.
- Other duties as may be required
- 3 & 4
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- EMS and/or air medical communications experience preferred. Experience in public relations, customer service, marketing or sales and/or healthcare billing and insurance preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Must be computer literate and have a good working knowledge of Word and Excel software programs. Must be able to learn custom and certain other software programs.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to function calmly in a high pressure situation, think clearly and logically, and make problem-solving decisions based on information given.
- Must be able to pass pre-placement drug screening and background screen
- Successful Completion of Communication Specialist Academy
- PHI New Hire Orientation Classes
- PHI Destination Zero
- Successful Completion of King County Emergency Medical Dispatcher Certification Program
- Yearly recurrent training courses as required to include HIPAA and Code of Conduct
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com