Transportation Manager - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3835L - Admin-Supply Chain-PHI Health
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Accountable for transportation of materials from vendors ensuring timely delivery at best value
- Accountable for efficient delivery and distribution of materials to meet PHI goals.
- Monitor all material processes to insure compliance with transportation regulations.
- Process damage freight claims on inbound and outbound materials.
- Accountable for the safe operation of all supply sections including the Receiving, Main Parts Stores, and Shipping.
- Responsible for compliance with all transportation safety management.
- Accountable for compliance with all regulatory requirements, the General Maintenance Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, and safety guidelines established by the company and SOX404 as required.
- Focuses on quality by ensuring customer satisfaction through establishing effective quality assurance programs and quality control monitoring.
- Develops, implements and monitors the annual budget for area of responsibility.
- Continual, tactical communication with external (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers, etc.) and internal customers (Base Operations, Finance, IT, etc.)
- Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, Power BI, and/or other data management systems) and perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Develop performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
- Lead initiatives to re-engineer business processes, and identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in transportation operations
- Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of trends and make decisions.
- Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- Investigate product overage, shortage and/or damage; complete appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for accurate data capture and system entry.
- Develop/Administer on-going training programs for assigned employees.
- Provides remote and on-site support to teams located at various locations.
- Utilizes the quality process to resolve customer service and vendor issues.
- Review carrier credentials, meet with, and quote new carriers, as well as existing carriers.
- Review carrier performance and options to increase performance.
- Keep up to date on laws and regulations regarding logistics through various means of learning.
- Review and approve logistics expenditures for various operational needs.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- High School diploma or GED require
- 10 years extensive Logistics/Transportation management experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 5 year's Logistics/Transportation equivalent experience.
- 5 years leadership experience
- Knowledge and application skills related to DoT HAZMAT / International logistics preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent management skills, advanced computer skills (specifically in Microsoft Excel), good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Represents the company in a professional manner is essential
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com