Patient Financial Services Supervisor - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Provides oversight for all processes to ensure operational goals and production standards are met.
- Performs production reviews, verify daily processes for accuracy, and investigates areas experiencing errors/shortfalls.
- Develops work flow processes to support and improve production efficiencies
- Responsible for monitoring productivity to ensure training standards are met and policies and procedures are followed.
- Utilize system reports to monitor employee productivity and A/R trends
- Communicate to team daily, weekly and monthly results to include reasons for process bottlenecks, collection shortfalls and operational successes.
- Support, assist or resolve difficult payer issues and/or patient cases referred by staff, client, or manager.
- Participate in developing staff training modules and delivery mechanisms
- Maintain software expertise in order perform tasks as required utilizing all systems tools available
- Demonstrates ability to take direction, coordinate projects and prioritizes assignments on individual basis as well as on a departmental level
- Provide oversight for staff motivation and development
- Resolves executive management operational requests and concerns in a professional manner
- Supervisory and budget responsibility
- Other projects and assignments as assigned
- Reviews/develops system reports to assist in monitoring department productivity, account receivable trends and payer issues.
- Performs internal auditing of production to ensure compliance and identify training opportunities.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of all regional insurance requirements in order to act as a resource for billing representatives.
- Demonstrates expertise in software to include Microsoft windows, Excel, and Word. Ability to quickly learn multiple billing and patient account software tools in order act as a resource for training.
- Assists with month end close processing by monitoring and assisting with billing and/or cash posting processes
- Ability to research, acquire, evaluate, interpret and utilize payer specific billing policies, guidelines and statutory authorities as appropriate for insurance billing and collection follow-up
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Requires high school diploma or GED equivalent. College AA Degree preferred.
- Have 6 years of progressively advanced experience in health care and/or billing and collections.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Understanding of compliance and applicable statutory regulations for all payers
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Excel and Word at a high level and medical billing software.
- Excellent language communication skills required, both written and verbal.
- Advanced analytical and research skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and monitor word
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement drug test and background screen
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Customer Orientation -Effective performers stay close to customers and consumers. They view the organization through the eyes of the customer and go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs. They continually seek information and understand regarding market trends.
- Leader Identification -Effective performers identify with the role of leader and enjoy positions of responsibility and the exercise of authority. They understand that management is a distinct vocation and choose to be in a leadership position.
- Organizing & Planning -Effective performers have strong organizing and planning skills that allow them to be highly productive and efficient. They manage their time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks. They plan, organize and actively manage meetings for maximum productivity.
- Results Orientation -Effective performers maintain appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments. They are motivated by achievement and persist until the goal is reached. They convey a sense of urgency to make things happen. They respect the need to balance short- and long-term goals. They are driven by a need for closure.
- Talent Management -Effective performers keep a continual eye on the talent pool, monitoring skills and needs of all team members. They expand the skills of staff through training, coaching, and development activities related to current and future jobs. They evaluate and articulate present performance and future potential to create opportunities for better use of staff abilities. They identify developmental needs and assist individuals in developing plans to improve themselves. They stay proficient in appropriate talent management processes, including best practices for prospecting, recruiting, selection, orientation and succession management.
- Team Management -Effective performers create and maintain functional work units. They understand the human dynamics of team formation and maintenance. They formulate team roles and actively recruit and select to build effective workgroups. They develop and communicate clear team goals and roles, and they provide a level of guidance and management appropriate to the circumstances. They reward team behavior and foster a team atmosphere in the workplace.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com