Senior Certified Medical Coder - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Apply clinical knowledge and medical billing knowledge to support and assist the appeals process
- Assist in obtaining and reviewing hospital records in support of the billing process
- Collaborate with the pre-billing team to ensure all production goals are met and processes are complete for month end close
- Demonstrate and maintain consistent customer focus for internal and external departmental processes
- Demonstrate clinical knowledge including extensive training in anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and clinical disease process
- Demonstrated ICD9, ICD10 and HCPCs coding expertise
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance and skills to perform compliance reviews
- Focused on continuous improvement, learning, accountability, teamwork, motivating and development and analysis resolution
- Must demonstrate positive teaming, effective cooperation in all communication within established team and throughout the entire PFS department.
- Must have a clinical knowledge including extensive training in anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and clinical disease process
- Must have a thorough understanding of medical terminology and the content of medical records
- Perform quality improvement reviews for all coders to support compliance and to asses training needs
- Performs closest appropriate facility review per PHI policy to support Medicare compliances
- Provides review and recommendations for denials, compliance audits, and claims submission
- Recognize the entire scope of an issue and participate objectively towards resolution with other team members
- Responsible to transform medical diagnoses, procedures, and injuries into designated numerical codes
- Reviews and submits outliers and trends for clinical and compliance management review
- Reviews available industry training to recommend pertinent courses for all coders
- Reviews charges and codes for accuracy prior to posting for billing
- Understand and demonstrate expertise in all software systems to include providing training for other coders
- Understanding of all billing requirements to include claim submission, charge repost and individual payer requirements
- Complying with Company HS&E policy and procedures
- Responsible for supporting company Safety Management Systems activities
- Understand and provide visible support of Destination Zero
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Requires HS Diploma (GED) equivalent
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certificate required from a recognized, accredited advanced learning institution
- Must have a current Certificate from American Academy of Professional Coders or other professional coding organization
- 5 years of previous experience in Medical Billing and general office procedures.
- A coder must adhere to ethical principles relating to ethical principles relating to quality, truth, and accuracy in work performance and productivity.
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com