Area Maintenance Manager - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3621A - Admin-EMS-Administrative
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Ensure that all upcoming scheduled aircraft maintenance has been planned. Planning includes parts availability, coordinating spare aircraft movements (if required) with area OPS manager and ensuring enough personnel are provided. All scheduled maintenance planned to minimize customer out of service time.
- Delegate individual responsibilities of the maintenance schedule to the Lead Mechanics
- Participate in the accomplishment of maintenance when required.
- Assist maintenance personnel in scheduling and troubleshooting
- Compile and analyze flight time data to aid in maintenance planning
- Ensure that all job-related manuals are available and current and that required tools are available for safe and efficient accomplishment of maintenance.
- Coordinate major repairs and alternations requiring support personnel from Lafayette such as sheet metal repairs and avionics projects.
- Coordinate component repairs and special inspections using local vendors.
- Monitor spare parts inventories and adjust accordingly
- Ensure parts and consumables are being handled and stored as per PHI Policies.
- Review the general condition of all assigned aircraft and facilities. Advise Lead Mechanics and Maintenance Personnel of any items requiring corrective action.
- Assign Maintenance Safety Representatives and assist them in promoting safety.
- Review employee performance and qualifications and document if required.
- Review and analyze Weekly Field Reports to identify and correct recurring problems with the aircraft and make recommendations for the most efficient maintenance.
- Assist lead Mechanics in review of logbooks and maintenance records for proper execution and entries.
- Monitor employee morale and work to motivate personnel
- Keep local Area Manager informed of maintenance activities
- Coordinate with Lafayette Training for employee recurrent training
- Participate in customer operations meetings when required
- Coordinate customer requests for equipment changes with Lafayette departments.
- Maintain manpower and experience level requirements for assigned aircraft.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Phoenix, Arizona
- 5 & 2
- High school diploma
- Airframe & Powerplant License
- Minimum 5 years aircraft maintenance experience
- Good management and supervisory skills
- Good computer skills preferred
- Must be able to pass pre-placement drug screening and background screen.
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Customer Orientation - Effective performers stay close to customers and consumers. They view the organization through the eyes of the customer and go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs. They continually seek information and understand regarding market trends.
- Leader Identification - Effective performers identify with the role of leader and enjoy positions of responsibility and the exercise of authority. They understand that management is a distinct vocation and choose to be in a leadership position.
- Organizing & Planning - Effective performers have strong organizing and planning skills that allow them to be highly productive and efficient. They manage their time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks. They plan, organize and actively manage meetings for maximum productivity.
- Results Orientation - Effective performers maintain appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments. They are motivated by achievement and persist until the goal is reached. They convey a sense of urgency to make things happen. They respect the need to balance short- and long-term goals. They are driven by a need for closure.
- Talent Management - Effective performers keep a continual eye on the talent pool, monitoring skills and needs of all team members. They expand the skills of staff through training, coaching, and development activities related to current and future jobs. They evaluate and articulate present performance and potential to create opportunities for better use of staff abilities. They identify developmental needs and assist individuals in developing plans to improve themselves. They stay proficient in appropriate talent management processes, including best practices for prospecting, recruiting, selection, orientation and succession management.
- Team Management - Effective performers create and maintain functional work units. They understand the human dynamics of team formation and maintenance. They formulate team roles and actively recruit and select to build effective workgroups. They develop and communicate clear team goals and roles, and they provide a level of guidance and management appropriate to the circumstances. They reward team behavior and foster a team atmosphere in the workplace.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com