Leave of Absence Case Manager - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3610H - Human Resources
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Serves as the subject matter expert and manages all administrative aspects of the leave of absence and workers' compensation program. Leave of Absence to include, but not limited to: personal leaves, medical leaves, family and medical leaves, military leaves, etc.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Coordinates and completes the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation reviews process and associated documentation.
- Works closely with employees to ensure relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review.
- Coordinates and organizes all employee medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Ensures leave of absence management processes are followed and documentation is obtained.
- Collaborates with Occupational Health Medical Director to ensure delivery of appropriate treatment plan and next steps
- Maintains appropriate contact with employees on leave and coordinates all aspects of the return to work process.
- Ensures that the workers' compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers' compensation laws.
- Conducts investigations of alleged fraudulent activity of all leave cases and workers' compensation claims.
- Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases and workers' compensation claims.
- Ensures that all reportable workers'compensation claims are submitted to the company's vendor.
- Manages the Worker's Compensation Insurance vendor and coordinates with vendor in all aspects of the cases. Ensures employees receive exceptional customer service and timely follow-up.
- Serves as a medical resource to supervisors and injured workers answering questions relating to diagnosis, care plan, and progression of care to reach treatment goals on expedient basis.
- Meets regularly as needed with team members to review the status of cases/claims.
- Rotates work related injury and exposure process call with Manager, Occupational Health.
- Back-up for Manager, Occupational Health Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Five years of experience managing leave of absences and workers compensation claims.
- Preferred experience with employee occupational health.
- Preferred clinical experience, Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
- In-depth knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act, Military Leaves, and other applicable federal and state laws, as well as company leave policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve internal/external customer issues with a positive win-win attitude.
- Ability to accurately work with Microsoft products, Outlook, Work, Excel and other specific databases with above average typing speed and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively communicate and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy - Effective performers have a high level of energy and the motivation to sustain it over time. They are ambitious and passionate about their role in the organization. They have the stamina and endurance to handle the substantial workload present in today's organization. They are motivated to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce even in exhausting circumstances.
- Functional/Technical Expertise - Effective performers are knowledgeable and skilled in a functional specialty (e.g., finance, marketing, operations, information technologies, human resources, etc.). They add organizational value through unique expertise in a functional specialty area. They remain current in their area of expertise and serve as a resource in that area for the organization.
- High Standards - Effective performers establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail. They continually seek to improve processes and products, and they hold staff accountable for quality. They find best practices, share them, and then improve upon them.
- Initiative - Effective performers are proactive and take action without being prompted. They don't wait to be told what to do or when to do it. They see a need, take responsibility and act on it. They make things happen.
- Integrity - Effective performers think and act ethically and honestly. They apply ethical standards of behavior to daily work activities. They take responsibility for their actions and foster a work environment where integrity is rewarded.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com