Transfer Center Shift Supervisor / Patient Navigation - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3620A - Admin-PFS-Patient Navigation
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 3&4
- Performing under the general supervision of the Business Operations Manager, this position supervises and manages Access Specialists and daily transfer center administrative functions but does not have operational control
- The position requires knowledge of support functions of each client based on defined standards of performance and practice, in order to meet or exceed client expectations
- The position works in collaboration with internal and external customers along with their representatives to foster relationships with the Access Specialists, referring facilities, physicians, and hospital staffs
- The position works closely with the PHI Air Medical Patient Navigation leadership team, clinical staff, medical staff, and leadership teams at each client and customer facility to identify, trend, and report barriers to patient access and throughput
- The Transfer Center Clinical Supervisor assures the highest level of quality is achieved for all clients served by PHI Air Medical through coordinating continuing and new hire education for all Access Specialists PHI Patient Navigation
- The Transfer Center Clinical Supervisor mentors new and existing employees and assures that all required certifications and licensure are up to date and in good standing.
- 4 & 3
- Phoenix, AZ
- Graduate of an accredited school; BS preferred
Training / License / Certifications:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician in the State of or Arizona and any other state as indicated by PHI Air Medical leadership and operations.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, analytical and critical thinking, prioritization, negotiation, conflict resolution, proactive decision making
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Leadership skills and the ability to relate to PHI Patient Navigation staff are essential.
- Must be computer literate with above average software proficiency.
- Experience in adult education preferred: experience as training preceptor and certified instructor i.e. ACLS, BLS, PALS.
- Three years of related clinical experience in an acute care setting (ED, Critical Care or previous transfer center experience Preferred)
- Previous supervisor or coordinator experience preferred
Must pass a pre-placement drug test and background screen
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Customer Orientation - Effective performers stay close to customers and consumers. They view the organization through the eyes of the customer and go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs. They continually seek information and understand regarding market trends.
- Leader Identification - Effective performers identify with the role of leader and enjoy positions of responsibility and the exercise of authority. They understand that management is a distinct vocation and choose to be in a leadership position.
- Organizing & Planning - Effective performers have strong organizing and planning skills that allow them to be highly productive and efficient. They manage their time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks. They plan, organize and actively manage meetings for maximum productivity.
- Results Orientation - Effective performers maintain appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments. They are motivated by achievement and persist until the goal is reached. They convey a sense of urgency to make things happen. They respect the need to balance short- and long-term goals. They are driven by a need for closure.
- Talent Management - Effective performers keep a continual eye on the talent pool, monitoring skills and needs of all team members. They expand the skills of staff through training, coaching, and development activities related to current and future jobs. They evaluate and articulate present performance and potential to create opportunities for better use of staff abilities. They identify developmental needs and assist individuals in developing plans to improve themselves. They stay proficient in appropriate talent management processes, including best practices for prospecting, recruiting, selection, orientation and succession management.
- Team Management - Effective performers create and maintain functional work units. They understand the human dynamics of team formation and maintenance. They formulate team roles and actively recruit and select to build effective workgroups. They develop and communicate clear team goals and roles, and they provide a level of guidance and management appropriate to the circumstances. They reward team behavior and foster a team atmosphere in the workplace.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com