Lear 31 Captain, IFR, Children's Mercy Hospital - Kansas City, MO
- - 3810P - Pilots-KansasCityMO LearJe-EMS
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time 7&7
- PHI Air Medical (operating under CAMTS guidelines)
- Airplane Air Ambulance (HAA) operations
- Captain, Airplane-IFR-Dual Pilot (Instrument rating required)
- Two pilot crew
- 24 Hrs. operations (day/night rotation)
- If successful applicant requires aircraft transition - 1 year minimum service requirement
- Housing will not be provided
- 7&7 Schedule change may be required.
- Must live within 1 hour commute from the base
- Current and qualified on the VE7A certificate
- ATP Airplane, Multi-engine land
- First Class Medical
- CAMTS Requirement // 3,000 Total Hours // 2,000 hours airplane // 1,000 Hours PIC multi-engine turbine // 100 Hours Jet time // 50 in type (may be obtained on the job) // 250 night // 100 unaided night // 200 Hours Instrument // 150 hours actual IMC // 50 Hours Fixed Wing Turbine in last 12 months. // 135 or 121 Instrument Check-Ride (or full motion simulator training course) within the last 12 months //10 Hours Actual Instrument Time in Past 24 Month
- Preference will be given to Pilots currently assigned to the KC Children's Mercy Program
- Strong Communication, Internal and External Customer Service Skills
- Interview and acceptance by customer/PHI management
- Tuberculosis screening; two Varivax vaccinations or positive varicella titer; two MMR vaccinations or positive titers for rubella, rubeola and mumps; tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis vaccine if greater than two (2) years since last tetanus diphtheria vaccine booster; Hepatitis B vaccination series history and a positive hepatitis B surface antibody titer for staff with risk for exposure to blood or other potentially infectious material; and annual flu vaccination (within the last twelve months)
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift 100 pounds to assist in the loading and unloading of patients and equipment.), drug screening and background screen.
- Basic and geographical pay
- External search may run concurrently with internal job posting.
- Successful applicant will participate in community outreach programs and adhere to PHI Air Medical policies.
- Some lifting will be required to assist in the loading and unloading of patients and equipment.
- Perform line pilot duties IAW GOM.
- Support Safety Management System, Destination Zero, and other company safety campaigns.
- Work with both internal and external customers to provide safe, efficient, courteous, and reliable service.
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com