Senior Accountant - Fixed Assets - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3625F - Finance and Accounting
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial statements and documents and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries and allocation entries in the General Ledger Accounting System
- Monitor and run recurring journal entries
- Enter subsidiary consolidating entries in General Ledger accounting system
- Review or prepare account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts including fixed assets, intercompany, accrued liabilities, and other financial accounts
- Prepare, review and issue monthly segment income statements
- Coordinate, evaluate and monitor accounting records of wholly owned International subsidiary
- Assist with analysis of Air Medical monthly reports as needed, including detailed variance report analyses by region/base/location with accounting assistance and education to base personnel for continued operational efficiency
- Oversight of accounts receivable invoicing process to ensure accurate billing procedures completed
- Assist with preparation of annual business plan.
- Work with internal and external auditors on internal control and financial audits as required
- Perform analysis and assist with special projects as requested by Air Medical Finance, Accounting, and Operational managers
- Maintenance of and compliance with financial internal controls
- Monitor capital spending budget and requests
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Adhere to all departmental policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as requested
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 2 -3 years' experience in public accounting or the health care industry preferred
- Highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets
- Attention to detail
- Excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement drug test and background screen
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy - Effective performers have a high level of energy and the motivation to sustain it over time. They are ambitious and passionate about their role in the organization. They have the stamina and endurance to handle the substantial workload present in today's organization. They are motivated to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce even in exhausting circumstances.
- Functional/Technical Expertise - Effective performers are knowledgeable and skilled in a functional specialty (e.g., finance, marketing, operations, information technologies, human resources, etc.). They add organizational value through unique expertise in a functional specialty area. They remain current in their area of expertise and serve as a resource in that area for the organization.
- High Standards - Effective performers establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail. They continually seek to improve processes and products, and they hold staff accountable for quality. They find best practices, share them, and then improve upon them.
- Initiative - Effective performers are proactive and take action without being prompted. They don't wait to be told what to do or when to do it. They see a need, take responsibility and act on it. They make things happen.
- Integrity - Effective performers think and act ethically and honestly. They apply ethical standards of behavior to daily work activities. They take responsibility for their actions and foster a work environment where integrity is rewarded.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com