Certified Medical Coder - Phoenix, AZ (In office)
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Must have a current Certificate from American Academy of Professional Coders or other professional coding organization.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the content of the medical records.
- Must have a clinical knowledge including extensive training in anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and clinical disease process.
- Responsible to transform medical diagnoses, procedures, and injuries into designated numerical codes.
- Demonstrated ICD9, ICD10 and HCPCs Coding expertise.
- Data Entry into multiple systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance understanding and performance of compliance reviews.
- Understanding on all billing requirements including Claim Submission.
- Display a high-level of professionalism in communication both (verbal and written) and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate and maintain consistent customer focus.
- Work closely with PHI Clinical Manager to determine closest appropriate review and obtain proper clinical documentation required for billing.
- Focused on continuous improvement, learning, accountability, teamwork, motivating and development others problem and analysis resolution.
- Recognize the entire scope of an issue and participate objectively towards resolution with other team members.
- No budget or supervisory responsibility.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for supporting company Safety Management System activities.
- Complying with company HS&E policies and procedures.
- Understand and provide visible support of Destination Zero.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Requires HS Diploma (GED) equivalent
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certificate required from a recognized, accredited advanced learning institution.
- Must have a current Certificate from American Academy of Professional Coders or other professional coding organization
- 2 to 5 years of previous experience in Billing and general office procedures, preferred.
- A coder must adhere to ethical principles relating to ethical principles relating to quality, truth, and accuracy in work performance and productivity
- Must be able to pass pre-placement drug screening and background screen
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com