IFR Pool Pilot - Northeast Region (Virginia, Kentucky, Florida, Maryland)
- - 3230P - Pool-Pilots-EMS
- VA, USA
- Full Time 7&7
- PHI Air Medical (operating under CAMTS guidelines)
- Reports to Business Operations Manager
- Helicopter Air Ambulance (HAA) operations
- Aircraft qualification based on assigned region SPIFR EC135/ and/or BH407 (Instrument rating required)
- Successful applicant will be required to transition to assigned regional aircraft if not already qualified.
- Successful applicant will be required to transition to assigned regional SPIFR* aircraft if not already qualified.
- *Successful applicant will function and be paid as Captain, VFR until upgrade to SPIFR (6 - 12 months)
- 24 Hrs. operations (day/night rotation)
- If successful applicant requires aircraft transition - 1 year minimum service requirement
- If relocation package is utilized - 2 year minimum service requirement
- Lodging options provided as applicable.
- Pool pilot position is available to support assigned region and other regions/locations as necessary.
- Perform line pilot duties IAW GOM.
- 7on & 7off
- Must live within one hour of base in Northeast region.
- Current and Qualified on the VE7A Certificate
- Commercial and Instrument helicopter ratings
- First Class Medical
- CAMTS Requirements, 2,000 Total Hours; 1,500 Hours Helicopter; 1,000 Hours PIC Helicopters; 500 Hours Turbine Helicopters;
- 100 Total hours in Unaided Night Operations or 50 Hours Unaided and 100 Hours Night Vision Goggles (NVG);
- 215 lbs. body weight limit
- Must physically live within the assigned region. Requires extensive travel schedule to PHI field bases.
- Strong communication, internal and external customer service skills
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift 100 pounds to assist in the loading and unloading of patients and equipment.), drug screening and background screen
- Regular pilot salary
- External search may run concurrently with internal job posting.
- Successful applicant will participate in community outreach programs and adhere to PHI Air Medical policies.
- Support Safety Management System, Destination Zero, and other company safety campaigns.
- Work with both internal and external customers to provide safe, efficient, courteous, and reliable service.
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com