Compliance Officer - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3770A - Admin-AE Mgmnt-AZ
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
The PHI Air Medical compliance officer position establishes and implements an effective compliance program. The compliance officer is accountable to the PHI Air Medical Board of Managers and reports to the Vice President of Finance.
The Compliance Officer is responsible for:
- Identifies and assesses areas of compliance risk for PHI Air Medical, L.L.C.
- Communicates the importance of the Compliance Program to the Board of Managers, executive leadership, all staff and business associates
- Develops and communicates all Compliance Program policies
- Develops and implements education programs addressing compliance issues
- Monitors the effectiveness of the Compliance Program
- Implements a retaliation-free internal confidential reporting process
- Implements necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance program with the HealthCare Compliance Committee
- Collaborates with Operational leadership to effectively incorporate the Compliance Program within PHI Air Medical, L.L.C. operations
- Oversees PHI Air Medical's Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Compliance programs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensures that the Compliance Program effectively prevents and/or detects violation of law, regulations, PHI Air Medial, L.L.C. policies including the Code of Conduct.
- Regularly reviews the Compliance Program and recommending appropriate revisions and modifications, including advising the Board of Manager of potential compliance risk areas.
- Implements and operates retaliation-free reporting channels, including an anonymous telephone/website reporting system available to all employees, contract staff and patients.
- Develops educational programs for all employees, contract staff and selected vendors.
- Consults with healthcare legal counsel as needed to prevent and resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Oversees follow-up and as applicable, resolution to investigations and other issues generated by the Compliance Program, including development of corrective action plans, as needed.
- Works closely with Human Resources to assure processes are in place to conduct appropriate Background checks, monthly OIG Exclusion checks, Conflicts of Interest issues and as necessary for international employee's clearances.
- Tracks all issues referred to the compliance office.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis to the Health Care Compliance Committee and keeps senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
- Provides management oversight of the Provider Enrollment division to assure that appropriate processes, monitors for accuracy and timeliness are in place for this highly regulated and revenue impact function.
- 3 plus years managing a Compliance Program
- Bachelor's degree in administration, management or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a health care organization.
- HCCA Certified Compliance Professional certification or must be able to obtain in one year from date of hire.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to function is a fast paced, at times high stress, work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
- Computer literate – understands database navigation and online clinical documentation
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Delegation - Effective performers willingly entrust work to others. They provide clear guidelines, monitor, redirect, and set limits as needed. They provide challenging assignments whenever possible, sharing the authority and providing resources and support that empower others to meet their expectations.
- Influence - Effective performers are skilled at directing, persuading, and motivating others. They are able to flex their style to direct, collaborate, or empower, as the situation requires. They have established a personal power base built on mutual trust, fairness, and honesty.
- Strategic Thinking - Effective performers act with the future in mind. They plan and make decisions within the framework of the enterprise's strategic intent. They know and understand the factors influencing strategy (e.g., core competence, customers, competition, and the organization's current strengths and limitations). They consider future impact when weighing decisions. They constantly think in terms of expanding the business and are always looking for new ways to grow and achieve competitive advantage.
- Visioning - Effective performers are imaginative. They are able to create a vision of a preferred future for their teams. They communicate it clearly and enthusiastically in such a way that others are attracted to it. They are able to bring the vision to life for team members.
- Business Thinking - Effective performers see the organization as a series of integrated and interlocking business processes. They understand general business concepts that govern these systems and their interfaces. They create and/or realign these systems in response to changing business needs. They understand that a change in one process can have dramatic and unintended impact across the entire organization. They are adept at using these interdependencies to synergistic advantage.