Maternal Flight Nurse - Phoenix, AZ
- - 3780N - P/N Nurse-Med-AE Medical Staff
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Part Time D
- Paid time off, Parental leave, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs, Retirement benefits or accounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement, Gym memberships or discounts, Employee discounts
- Serves as the team leader on transports.
- Performs a wide range of specialized functions and complex assessments, diagnosis, therapies and emergency treatment for high-risk maternal/fetal or neonatal patients transported by rotor wing, fixed-wing and ground ambulance0
- Documents appropriate and accurate information for assessment, treatment during stabilization and transport.
- Documents accurate and complete billing information for transports according to PHI Air Medical policy.
- Maintains and facilitates effective and timely communication between PHI Air Medical management, internal and external customers.
- Participates in activities to support PR/marketing efforts of PHI Air Medical and regional bases.
- Maintains knowledge base for perinatal flight nurse role by attending mandatory meetings, chart reviews, equipment review, skill labs, assigned clinical rotations, CEs and pertinent educational seminars related to flight nursing and perinatal nursing.
- Completes all annual recurrent competency verification as required.
- Maintains an active State RN license and all certifications as required by policy.
- Schedule varies
- Candidate must live within one-hour drive or sixty (60) miles from the base (whichever is greater) of the candidate's residence
- Candidate must have an active State RN license and a minimum of three years recent experience in a high risk obstetrical care unit in a tertiary center.
- Must be nationally certified in specialty areas (NCC– Obstetrical Nursing), within two years of hire.
- Must have current BLS, NRP and ACLS.
- Must successfully complete Maternal Flight Nurse Education Program.
- Must pass pre-placement physical and not exceed weight limit per PHI Air Medical policy.
- Previous Maternal Flight Nurse experience, BSN, certification as BLS, NRP or ACLS Instructor preferred.
- Effective human relations skills are required for interfacing with all levels of PHI Air Medical personnel and outside contracts.
- Ability to verbally, effectively and clearly in person and by radio
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift 100 pounds), drug screening, and background screen
Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com