Business Operations Manager - Leesburg, VA
- - 3628E - Admin-EMS-VA EMS Mgmt
- Leesburg, VA, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Assists in the development of departmental goals and objectives consistent with the mission, vision, values and goals of the company.
- Provides support to department management to motivate, mentor and manage employee relations. Works with management to mitigate risk.
- Works with department management to coach employees related to training needs, conflict resolution and professional development.
- Implements initiatives that result in an increased employer net performance score, increased employee retention and initiatives that can measure customer satisfaction.
- Develops employee programs that target positive employee relations, these programs/initiatives will be measured by employees' demonstrated high regard for one another and the customers we serve and increased workplace productivity.
- Designs, develops, implements and measures a targeted Ab initio Training Program to ensure the onboarding experience results in long term retention, pride in our mission, vision and values and continued high employee satisfaction and engagement.
- In partnership with management, reviews employee's workflow, productivity and attendance with employees.
- Ensures the volume of work produced meets PHI standards and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Works with management to ensure employees are given timely and constructive performance feedback.
- Provides direct access to employees for all operational questions and concerns.
- Responsible for problem solving and follow-up on operational issues through collaboration with the appropriate team members.
- Participates in activities that promote a high degree of professionalism, professional growth and self-development.
- Acts as a liaison between employees in the event of disputes or as issues/conflict arises.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment across all areas.
- Leads continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations (internal/external), industry changes and organizational goals.
- Involved in employee's initial and ongoing training to ensure employee is successful in their role.
- Ensures new hires receive 30, 60 and 90 day assessments along with supporting management with yearly reviews.
- Ensures employees have the tools, resources and equipment to successfully do their job.
- Understands and utilizes all available internal training, courses and external seminars to improve employee performance.
- As necessary, conducts regularly scheduled meetings with staff and management personnel.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of departmental, PHI Air Medical Group, PHI, and other region-wide regulatory policies and procedures as they pertain to the PHI Air Medical and the air medical industry.
- Responsible for supporting company Safety Management System activities.
- Complying with company HS&E policies and procedures.
- Understand and provide visible support of Destination Zero.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5 & 2
- Bachelor's Degree required in Business Administration, Management or related field.
- Ten (10) plus years of work experience in Management, directly managing employees and resolving conflict amongst employees or with customers, experience to include managing Human Resources related issues and initiatives to increase employee engagement. Knowledge of EEO laws, ADA, and other government compliance regulations that affect employee relations.
- Ten (10) plus years of work experience in managing employees with a high volume of customer service interactions.
- Must be able to design, develop and implement department/division programs/initiatives to increase employer net performance score, increase employee retention and measure customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to implement programs/initiatives that target positive employee relations, these programs/initiatives will be measured by employees' demonstrated high regard for one another and the customers we serve and increased workplace productivity.
- Must have the ability to counsel employees and document issues while demonstrating good judgment and an understanding of employee growth and development.
- Leadership skills and abilities (influence, constructive feedback, coaching, communication, etc.) along with the ability to motivate a team into high performance.
- Customer service focus with outstanding communication and active listening skills.
- Requires utmost discretion and professionalism while supporting employees, customers and management.
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with common business software such as Microsoft Office suite
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Customer Orientation -Effective performers stay close to customers and consumers. They view the organization through the eyes of the customer and go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs. They continually seek information and understand regarding market trends.
- Leader Identification -Effective performers identify with the role of leader and enjoy positions of responsibility and the exercise of authority. They understand that management is a distinct vocation and choose to be in a leadership position.
- Organizing & Planning -Effective performers have strong organizing and planning skills that allow them to be highly productive and efficient. They manage their time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks. They plan, organize and actively manage meetings for maximum productivity.
- Results Orientation -Effective performers maintain appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments. They are motivated by achievement and persist until the goal is reached. They convey a sense of urgency to make things happen. They respect the need to balance short- and long-term goals. They are driven by a need for closure.
- Talent Management -Effective performers keep a continual eye on the talent pool, monitoring skills and needs of all team members. They expand the skills of staff through training, coaching, and development activities related to current and future jobs. They evaluate and articulate present performance and future potential to create opportunities for better use of staff abilities. They identify developmental needs and assist individuals in developing plans to improve themselves. They stay proficient in appropriate talent management processes, including best practices for prospecting, recruiting, selection, orientation and succession management.
- Team Management -Effective performers create and maintain functional work units. They understand the human dynamics of team formation and maintenance. They formulate team roles and actively recruit and select to build effective workgroups. They develop and communicate clear team goals and roles, and they provide a level of guidance and management appropriate to the circumstances. They reward team behavior and foster a team atmosphere in the workplace.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com