Medical Billing Specialist II - Cash Posting
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Paid time off, Parental leave, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs, Retirement benefits or accounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement, Gym memberships or discounts, Employee discounts
- Daily cash reporting
- Aged accounts receivable balance and update
- Cash posting in GE
- Posting adjustments
- Identify low payments
- Ability to read and understand EOBs
- Reconciliation to bank records
- Ability to analyze claim data
- Access and batch daily lock box contents, clearinghouse remits and web based EOBs
- Compile all receipts information into cash sheets and send daily e-mail notification of daily and month to date cash totals to management.
- Notify team and/or management of any trends related to partial payments, recoups, slow payments or other payer specific issue
- Perform all contracted adjustments per matrix and all other approved adjustments.
- Demonstrate understanding of all correct payment rates and ensure incorrect payments are researched by follow up team.
- Provide oversight for credit card processing and security.
- Take direction, coordinate projects and prioritize assignments on individual basis, as well as on a departmental/team level.
- Provide leadership and to act as a resource for management to assist, train and provide support to the PFS Billing Staff.
- Must demonstrate positive teaming, effective cooperation in all communication within established team and throughout the entire PFS department.
- Verify and process refunds according to PHI policy.
- Balance daily and monthly receipts and generate appropriate day close and month close reports.
- Responsible for continued research and follow up on "unapplied" monies.
- Audit and resolve accounts with credit balances and other balance issues submitted by staff and management.
- Ability to create reports using Excel and/or Access, as required
- Ability to organize and file large amounts of paperwork and electronic data
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for supporting company Safety Management System activities.
- Complying with company HS&E policies and procedures
- Understand and provide visible support of Destination Zero.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Requires HS or GED equivalent and some college level courses; or AA. BA preferred.
- Type 35 wpm, 10-key by touch, and other general office equipment
- 4+ years of previous experience in billing and general office procedures, bookkeeping and/or accounting
- Prefer minimum 1 year insurance medical billing and EOB experience
- Strong analytical skills, communication skills, follow-up skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office (Excel, Word, Access & PowerPoint), Outlook proficiency
- Ability to read, write and follow specific instructions in both written and verbal form
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement drug test and background screen
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com