Neonatal Flight Nurse - Redding, CA
- - 3241T - Nurse-Med-Redding CA F/W-AMG
- Redding, CA, USA
- Full Time A
- Paid time off, Parental leave, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs, Retirement benefits or accounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement, Gym memberships or discounts, Employee discounts
- Serves as the team leader on transports.
- Performs a wide range of specialized functions and complex assessments, diagnosis, therapies and emergency treatment for high-risk maternal/fetal or neonatal patients transported by rotor wing, fixed-wing and ground ambulance.
- Documents appropriate and accurate information for assessment, treatment during stabilization and transport.
- Documents accurate and complete billing information for transports according to PHI Air Medical policy.
- Maintains and facilitates effective and timely communication between PHI Air Medical management, internal and external customers.
- Participates in activities to support PR/marketing efforts of PHI Air Medical and regional bases.
- Maintains knowledge base for perinatal flight nurse role by attending mandatory meetings, chart reviews, equipment review, skill labs, assigned clinical rotations, CEs and pertinent educational seminars related to flight nursing and perinatal nursing.
- Completes all annual recurrent competency verification as required.
- Maintains an active State RN license and all certifications as required by policy.
- Schedule varies
- Candidate must live within one-hour drive or sixty (60) miles from the base (whichever is greater) of the candidate's residence
- Candidate must have an active State RN license and a minimum of three years recent experience in neonatal intensive care in a tertiary center.
- Must be nationally certified in specialty areas (NCC – Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing), within two years of hire.
- Must have current BLS, NRP and PALS.
- Must successfully complete Neonatal Flight Nurse Education Program.
- Must pass flight physical and not exceed weight limit of 215 lbs.
- Previous Neonatal Flight Nurse experience, BSN, certification as BLS, NRP or PALS Instructor preferred.
- Effective human relations skills are required for interfacing with all levels of PHI Air Medical personnel and outside contracts.
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift 100 pounds) drug screening, and background screen
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safe. We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
- Efficient. We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity and achieve sustainable profitability as a high performing organization.
- Quality. We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
- Service. We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com