Flight Paramedic - Anderson, IN
- - 3227X - Para.-Med-Anderson IN-EMS
- Anderson, IN, USA
- Full Time D
- Paid time off, Parental leave, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs, Retirement benefits or accounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement, Gym memberships or discounts, Employee discounts
- Performs a wide range of specialized functions and complex assessments, diagnoses, therapies and emergency treatment of patients transported by rotor-wing and/or fixed-wing and/or ground.
- Documents appropriate and accurate information for assessment and treatment during stabilization and transport.
- Documents accurate and complete billing information of patient transports.
- Maintains and facilitates effective and timely communication between management, internal and external customers.
- Participates in activities to support PR and marketing efforts.
- Maintains knowledge base for flight paramedic role by attending mandatory meetings, chart reviews, equipment reviews, skill labs, clinical rotations, and continuing education sessions related to the care and transport of critically ill and/or injured patients
- Completes all annual recurrent competency requirements.
- Maintains an active paramedic certification and all other certifications required by policy.
- Clinically functions under the licensure of the program's Medical Director. Indirectly reports to the program's Manager of Clinical Services and the National Director of Clinical Standards.
- Responsible for knowledge of and performing within the regulations and scope of practice of the local Department of Health Services.
- Schedule varies
- Candidate must live within a one-hour or sixty (60) miles from the base (whichever is greater) of the candidate's residence
- Must have an active paramedic certification in the state employed.
- Minimum of three years (five years preferred) current field experience in a busy 911/pre-hospital service.
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP and PHTLS/ITLS. NRP preferred. Instructor certifications preferred.
- FP-C within twenty-four months of hire.
- Flight or transport experience preferred.
- Must successfully complete the PHI Air Medical Group education/orientation program.
- Effective human relations skills required for interfacing with all levels of personnel and external customers.
- Must possess basic computer skills for e-mail, electronic charting, etc.
- Ability to communicate verbally, effectively and clearly in person and by phone.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift up to 100 pounds), drug screening and background screen.
- Must maintain body weight below 215 lbs
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com