Certified Medical Coder
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Paid time off, Parental leave, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs, Retirement benefits or accounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement, Gym memberships or discounts, Employee discounts
- Must have a current Certificate from American Academy of Professional Coders or other professional coding organization.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the content of the medical records.
- Must have a clinical knowledge including extensive training in anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and clinical disease process.
- Responsible to transform medical diagnoses, procedures, and injuries into designated numerical codes.
- Demonstrated ICD9, ICD10 and HCPCs Coding expertise.
- Data Entry into multiple systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance understanding and performance of compliance reviews.
- Understanding on all billing requirements including Claim Submission.
- Display a high-level of professionalism in communication both (verbal and written) and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate and maintain consistent customer focus.
- Work closely with PHI Clinical Manager to determine closest appropriate review and obtain proper clinical documentation required for billing.
- Focused on continuous improvement, learning, accountability, teamwork, motivating and development others problem and analysis resolution.
- Recognize the entire scope of an issue and participate objectively towards resolution with other team members.
- No budget or supervisory responsibility.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for supporting company Safety Management System activities.
- Complying with company HS&E policies and procedures.
- Understand and provide visible support of Destination Zero.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Requires HS Diploma (GED) equivalent
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certificate required from a recognized, accredited advanced learning institution.
- Must have a current Certificate from American Academy of Professional Coders or other professional coding organization
- 2 to 5 years of previous experience in Billing and general office procedures, preferred.
- A coder must adhere to ethical principles relating to ethical principles relating to quality, truth, and accuracy in work performance and productivity
- Must be able to pass pre-placement drug screening and background screen
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com