Medical Billing Specialist - AR Follow Up & Collections
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Daily cash reporting.
- Aged accounts receivable balance and update.
- Cash posting in GE.
- Posting adjustments.
- Indentify low payments.
- Reconciliation to bank records.
- Read EOBs.
- Ability to analyze claim data.
- Access and batch daily lock box contents, clearinghouse remits and web based EOBs.
- Notify team and/or management of any trends related to partial payments, recoups, slow payments or other payer specific issue.
- Perform all contracted adjustments per matrix and all other approved adjustments.
- Demonstrate understanding of all correct payment rates and ensure incorrect payments are researched by follow up team.
- Provide oversight for credit card processing and security.
- Verify and process refunds according to PHI policy.
- Balance daily and monthly receipts.
- Responsible for continued research and follow up on "unapplied" monies.
- Audit and resolve accounts with credit balances and other balance issues submitted by staff and management.
- Ability to create reports using Excel and/or Access, as required.
- Ability to organize and file large amounts of paperwork and electronic data.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for supporting company Safety Management System activities.
- Complying with company HS&E policies and procedures.
- Understand and provide visible support of Destination Zero.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Requires HS or GED equivalent and some college level courses; or AA. BA preferred.
- Type 35 wpm, 10-key by touch, and other general office equipment.
- 2-4 years of previous experience in billing and general office procedures, bookkeeping and/or accounting.
- Prefer minimum 2 year insurance medical billing and EOB experience.
- Strong analytical skills, communication skills, follow-up skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office (Excel, Word, Access & PowerPoint), Outlook proficiency.
- Ability to read, write and follow specific instructions in both written and verbal form.
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement drug test and background screen
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media