Transfer Center - Operations Manager
- - 3620A - Admin-PFS-Patient Navigation
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Paid time off, Parental leave, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs, Retirement benefits or accounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement, Gym memberships or discounts, Employee discounts
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to perform all job functions for positions supervised.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Assumes responsibility for clinical and resource operational management (24 hrs. / day, 7 days / wk).
- Assumes responsibility for employee and client satisfaction related to defined PHI Patient Navigation processes established with each individual client.
- Promotes each PHI Patient Navigation and client's customer service initiatives and protects the integrity of such programs.
- Coordinates and integrates human and material resources to efficiently provide customer service delivery to support PHI Patient Navigation functions within defined budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinates capacity flow and appropriate bed placement services, as indicated for each client represented.
- Coordinates and manages all processes related to the PHI Patient Navigation functions to include but not limited to ED & Inpatient Transfers, MD office admissions, Behavioral Health Admissions, Patient Transport, Capacity Management, and discharge planning and readmission mitigation for each client represented by PHI Air Medical.
- Promotes and ensures overall ease of entry to any client facility.
- Maintains/ensures EMTALA and regulatory compliance at all times.
- Manages staffing and scheduling of staff within productivity and budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures quality and performance metrics are maintained at all times.
- Communicates effectively with clients and customers of PHI Patient Navigation.
- Ensures Quality Reviews to include documentation, telephone call recordings, and general staff interaction with clients and customers are conducted and maintained.
- Designs process improvement initiatives to improve overall PHI Patient Navigation functions.
- Concurrently investigates and troubleshoots service gaps and process issues, and brings issues to resolution in a timely manner.
- Conducts employee evaluations and feedback both concurrently and annually.
- Assists and performs all PHI Patient Navigation functions to ensure efficient processes are maintained at all times.
- Serves as a personal and professional role model and mentor for staff.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
- 5 & 2
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing or Paramedicine
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Master's Degree preferred
Training / License / Certifications:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse or Certified Paramedic in the State of Arizona and any other state as indicated by PHI Patient Navigation leadership and operations.
- Current CPR Certification
- Five years of related clinical experience in an acute care setting (ED or Critical Care Preferred)
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, analytical and critical thinking, prioritization, negotiation, conflict resolution, proactive decision making
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships within the department as well as with defined clients and customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats with personnel at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Customer Orientation -Effective performers stay close to customers and consumers. They view the organization through the eyes of the customer and go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs. They continually seek information and understand regarding market trends.
- Leader Identification -Effective performers identify with the role of leader and enjoy positions of responsibility and the exercise of authority. They understand that management is a distinct vocation and choose to be in a leadership position.
- Organizing & Planning -Effective performers have strong organizing and planning skills that allow them to be highly productive and efficient. They manage their time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks. They plan, organize and actively manage meetings for maximum productivity.
- Results Orientation -Effective performers maintain appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments. They are motivated by achievement and persist until the goal is reached. They convey a sense of urgency to make things happen. They respect the need to balance short- and long-term goals. They are driven by a need for closure.
- Talent Management -Effective performers keep a continual eye on the talent pool, monitoring skills and needs of all team members. They expand the skills of staff through training, coaching, and development activities related to current and future jobs. They evaluate and articulate present performance and future potential to create opportunities for better use of staff abilities. They identify developmental needs and assist individuals in developing plans to improve themselves. They stay proficient in appropriate talent management processes, including best practices for prospecting, recruiting, selection, orientation and succession management.
- Team Management -Effective performers create and maintain functional work units. They understand the human dynamics of team formation and maintenance. They formulate team roles and actively recruit and select to build effective workgroups. They develop and communicate clear team goals and roles, and they provide a level of guidance and management appropriate to the circumstances. They reward team behavior and foster a team atmosphere in the workplace.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com