Decision Support Analyst
- - 3621A - Admin-EMS-Administrative
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Review, analyze, and evaluate information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes, and procedures, as well as financial analysis of Region and Base specific variance reports.
- Preparation, and review of quarterly Air Medical monthly reports as needed.
- Responsible for coordination, preparation, and management review of annual business plan and quarterly updates and forecasts.
- Analyzes statistics and utilizes principles of accounting to analyze past and present financial operations and estimates future revenues and expenditures.
- Determines most useful business solutions for the company. Recommends and advises management regarding matters, such as alternative solutions as to courses of action that best meet the company's goals, objectives, and strategy, and effective use of resources and return on investment scenarios.
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Maintenance of and compliance with financial internal controls.
- Monitor capital spending budget and requests for efficient use of Company resources.
- Responsibility for preparation and review of pricing models for business pursuit opportunities, and communicating results and recommendations to management
- Preparation of various financial analyses as directed by management. Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as required.
- Creates programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data.
- Researched new data sources and analytical tools.
- Travel requirements include infrequent Air Medical national and international offices in support of education and guidance in regard to finance issues.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Understand and provide visible support of Destination Zero.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five (5) years financial analysis
- Excellent computer skills with full suite Microsoft office applications, advanced excel skills.
- Prefer experience with relational database technology
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and analytically minded
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Experienced in manipulating large databases
- Must have a strong background of budgeting, and accounting concepts.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of cost accounting principles and concepts.
- Excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
- Conflict Management - is critical to an effective decision-making process involving differences of opinion.
- Mission Focus - is necessary to understand, stand behind, and interpret its application to others.
- Positive Impact - to provide a positive impact to an organization or workgroup an individual must be optimistic and enthusiastic about what they do in order to energize those around them.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - involves the ability to isolate cause from symptoms and finding a balance between studying the problem and solving it.
- Team Player - is an individual that frequently supports legitimate organizational agendas as more important than local or personal goals
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com