Supv, AMG Communications
- - 3774C - Comm Spec-EMS Communications
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
- Responsible for performing daily supervisory functions, including scheduling, staffing, annual assessments, daily communications with staff, new hire training, material and equipment management.
- On-call for departmental issues occurring outside normal office hours.
- Responsible for the effective coaching, and mentoring of Communication Specialists to ensure needs of the team are met
- Performs duties of a communication specialist and works on line if needed for adequate communications coverage due to insufficient staffing availability.
- Maintains and verifies the quality and accuracy of all communication center related transport documentation.
- Maintains technical equipment such as telephone/radio recorder and effectively interacts with contract vendors for service and maintenance of equipment.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with both internal and external customers, with special emphasis on requesting agencies communications staff and management.
- Creates and maintains statistical information and reports as required for the Director.
- Collects information, performs price quotes, and coordinates details for long range flights.
- Required to perform the Flight Coordinator duties.
- Creates and maintains all CQI needs for the Communication Center/shift in which he/she works.
- Responsible for the training and education for the Communication Center/shift in which he/she works
- Responsible for participation in program level CQI meetings, and preparation of the data and discussion points for the meeting
- Facilitate and coach preceptors through the process of training individual Communication Specialists
- Monitor training process of Direct Report Communication Specialists to ensure a solid, and standard foundation of knowledge is created for any new Communication Specialist
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Schedule varies
- Phoenix, AZ
- Minimum of three years experience as a communications specialist, combined with extensive EMS experience or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be creative, be able to function efficiently under pressure and use problem-solving skills effectively. Must possess good human relations and communications skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Extensive working knowledge/experience of radio/medical terminology is strongly preferred.
- Must possess intermediate knowledge and proficiency with computer systems (hardware and software) and office equipment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to pass pre-placement drug screening and background screen.
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Team Player -Effective performers are team oriented. They identify with the larger organizational team and their role within it. They share resources, respond to requests from other parts of the organization, and support larger legitimate organizational agendas as more important than local or personal goals.
- Positive Impact-Effective performers make positive impressions on those around them. They are personable, self-confident, and generally likable. They are optimistic and enthusiastic about what they do, and their excitement is contagious. They energize those around them.
- Mission Focus-Effective performers understand and support the organization's mission - it's core purpose for being. They believe in the mission, value it, and are committed to it. They communicate it to staff, stand behind it, and interpret its applications for others. They frequently refer to the mission and incorporate it into daily activities.
- Conflict Management- Effective performers recognize that conflict can be a valuable part of the decision-making process. They are comfortable with healthy conflict, and they support and manage differences of opinion. They thwart destructive competition or friction and use consensus to debate and resolve issues.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making-Effective performers are able to identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgment. They isolate causes from symptoms, and compile information and alternatives to illuminate problems or issues. They involve others as appropriate and gather information from a variety of sources. They find a balance between studying the problem and solving it. They readily commit to action and make decisions that reflect sound judgment.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com