Transfer Center, RN
- - 3620T - Nurse-Patient Navigation
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 3&4
- Paid time off, Parental leave, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs, Retirement benefits or accounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement, Gym memberships or discounts, Employee discounts
- Coordinates PHI Air Medical functions in support of emergent, urgent and elective patients to a final destination facility from all potential referral sources to include but not limited to hospitals, clinics, Nursing Homes, and physician offices via a single call to initiate acceptance and expedite decision making relative to a potential access in support of PHI Air Medical clients
- Facilitates patient throughput to a final destination facility with an ongoing focus on quality and efficiency
- Works directly with staff at each client facility to ensure timely access, appropriate bed assignment, and accurate patient information documentation to assist with an appropriate final destination plan of care at receiving facility
- Ensures accurate and concurrent data collection and maintenance of all patient information, and protects such as defined by HIPAA laws and regulations on behalf of client and PHI Air Medical
- Proficient in running Central Logic database, telephone systems with call recording, and / or Bed Management systems and office-oriented systems as required to support client operations
- Demonstrates the ability to process patient acuity utilizing critical thinking, clinical decision making, and acquired knowledge skills to assist in assessing situations and facilitate patient flow across the continuum of care for each client facility
- Demonstrates the ability to triage and prioritize patient information and communicate an accurate clinical presentation of the patient for accepting physicians and nurses
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients of all ages of patients served
- Completes all training and is competent in the application of Bed Management, Patient throughput and access, Interqual, EMTALA, HIPAA, and other programs as defined by PHI Air Medical leadership
- Serves as a PHI Air Medical consultant and mediator for physicians (and their offices), NP's, PA's, nurses, and ancillary staff on behalf of clients. Communicates with physicians and outlying facilities regarding all patient access, potential bed placements, and assists with coordinating patient movement from one facility to another based on defined protocols and criteria
- Uses problem-solving skills to make recommendations that promotes the best potential patient outcome based on clinical information, patient and / or physician preferences, and the capability / capacity of both transferring and receiving facilities
- Utilizes effective and professional communication to act as liaison on behalf of client facilities between physicians, patient/family, hospital staff, and outside agencies
- Tracks and trends barriers to PHI Air Medical and client processes and makes recommendations and assists with the development of action plans to improve processes and systems
- Participates in daily bed management meetings (possibly virtual) as deemed appropriate and effectively communicates resources and issues relative to clients' established objectives
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements such as EMTALA, NHS and client Ethics and Compliance policies, quality initiatives, and HIPAA laws and regulations; monitors self-compliance and implements process changes to ensure compliance to such regulations and quality initiatives
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care; escalates issues through the established Chain of Command in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3 & 4
- Phoenix, AZ
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing; BSN preferred
Training / License / Certifications:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Arizona and any other state as indicated by PHI Air Medical leadership and operations.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, analytical and critical thinking, prioritization, negotiation, conflict resolution, proactive decision making
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Three years of related clinical experience in an acute care setting (ED or Critical Care Preferred)
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement drug screen and background check
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com