Operations Control Specialist (Helicopter)
- - 3230C - Comm Spec-POOL-EMS Communicati
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 6&6
- PHI Air Medical (operating under CFR 14 Part 135-617 & 619 guidelines)
- Helicopter Air Ambulance (HAA) operations
- Airplane Ambulance Operations
- Helicopter International & offshore operations (not associated with HAA operations.)
- 7 day a week 24 hours a day operation (day/night rotation may be required)
- Relocation package is available - If relocation package is utilized - 2 year minimum service requirement
- 2 way radio communications, to provide weather briefings and operational control instructions to pilots
- Participate in preflight risk analysis with pilots, assist pilots in mitigating risk &in assign correct codes
- Flight following manually or via satellite tracking
- Responsible for supporting company Safety Management System activities
- Complying with company HS&E policies and procedures
- Coordinate with Communications Center personnel and Base Pilots with requests for PHI air medical staff, when conditions indicate that risk factors or weather place a base or area under risk
- 6 days on & 6 days off (Required by CFR 14, Part 135-619, duty hours limited to 10 hours daily and 6 consecutive days on duty.)
- OCC, Phoenix, AZ, OCC, Lexington KY
- Must live within one hour drive of the base
- Commercial and Instrument Helicopter rating, ATP preferred
- Current medical not required
- 5 years minimum experience as an HAA helicopter pilot
- Minimum 300 hours of Helicopter night HAA experience, NVG qualified preferred
- Proven decision making skills, ability to evaluate risk assessments, human factors and the use of safety management through PHI's SMS program
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications and daily computer use
- Knowledgeable of the principles and application of Air Medical Resource Management
- Practical working knowledge of weather systems and forecasting tools
- Must demonstrate ability to read and interpret aviation weather information
- Have a strong working knowledge of CFR 14, 135, PHI GOM and AMG Operations
- Operational control and NVG experiences preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement drug test and background screen
Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Team Player - Effective performers are team oriented. They identify with the larger organizational team and their role within it. They share resources, respond to requests from other parts of the organization, and support larger legitimate organizational agendas as more important than local or personal goals.
- Positive Impact- Effective performers make positive impressions on those around them. They are personable, self-confident, and generally likable. They are optimistic and enthusiastic about what they do, and their excitement is contagious. They energize those around them.
- Mission Focus- Effective performers understand and support the organization's mission - its core purpose for being. They believe in the mission, value it, and are committed to it. They communicate it to staff, stand behind it, and interpret its applications for others. They frequently refer to the mission and incorporate it into daily activities.
- Conflict Management-Effective performers recognize that conflict can be a valuable part of the decision-making process. They are comfortable with healthy conflict, and they support and manage differences of opinion. They thwart destructive competition or friction and use consensus to debate and resolve issues.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making- Effective performers are able to identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgment. They isolate causes from symptoms, and compile information and alternatives to illuminate problems or issues. They involve others as appropriate and gather information from a variety of sources. They find a balance between studying the problem and solving it. They readily commit to action and make decisions that reflect sound judgment.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com