Respiratory Therapist Flt
- - 3780R - Resp Ther-Med-AE Medical Staff
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Part Time D
- Performs a wide range of specialized respiratory therapy functions and complex assessments, diagnosis, therapy selection and emergency treatment for patients transported by rotor-wing, fixed wing and ground ambulance.
- Documents appropriate and accurate information for assessment, treatment during stabilization and transport.
- Assists with documentation of appropriate and accurate billing information for patients according to policy.
- Maintains effective and timely communications between Air Evac management and internal and external customers.
- Participates actively in PR/marketing activities of Air Evac Services and regional bases.
- Maintains knowledge base for flight respiratory therapist by attending mandatory meetings, chart reviews, skill labs, equipment review, clinical rotations, CEs and pertinent educational seminars related to the care and transport of critical patients.
- Completes all annual recurrent competency verifications as required.
- Maintains an active Arizona Respiratory license and all certifications as required by policy.
- Performs a wide range of preventative maintenance procedures on respiratory equipment including oxygen delivery systems.
- Schedule varies
- Candidate must live within a one-hour drive or sixty (60) miles from the base (whichever is greater) of the candidate's residence
- Current and unrestricted license as a Respiratory Therapist.
- Must maintain body weight below 215 lbs
- Minimum of 3 years current critical care/emergency department experience (5yrs preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of Neonatal Intensive Care
- Current required AHA certifications BLS, ACLS, PALS, ITLS and NRP.
- Current State License
- Effective human relations skills and competent computer abilities for electronic charting
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field preferred
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift 100 pounds), drug screening and background screen
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com