- - 3239X - Para.-Greenville CA-Grd AmbAMG
- Greenville, CA, USA
- Full Time A
- Paid time off, Parental leave, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs, Retirement benefits or accounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement, Gym memberships or discounts, Employee discounts
- Respond to emergent requests calmly, promptly and efficiently
- Administer basic and advanced life support to patients at the scene, en route to the hospital and in a pre-hospital setting in accordance with federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards and in accordance with company policies and guidelines
- Assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed
- Treat patients at the scene and in route to the hospital in accordance with federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards
- Administer medications and perform procedures consistent with Paramedic certification and governing medical authorities
- Effectively communicate with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/or to arrange reception of patients to the appropriate center
- Complete patient care, insurance, and evaluation forms or any additional required forms in a competent and timely fashion
- Maintain certifications for driving and operating specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations at a safe and controlled speed. Operating specially equipped emergency vehicles must be done in accordance with federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards
- Ensure that vehicles are in good working condition at all times and are properly maintained and stocked. Ensure vehicles have all necessary equipment per governing authorities and that all equipment is in good working order at all times
- Clean, organize and restock vehicles in a ready condition after each transport
- Receive and respond to requests for emergent ambulance services and other duty related communication via two-way radio or other communication devices
- Properly document each transport on the approved Patient Care Report in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that state motor vehicle department regulations, rules and laws are followed appropriately
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, CQI reviews, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of local geography including maps, streets, and grid book systems
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of applicable current standards of care, including equipment functions and uses
- Ensure that all certifications, licenses and registrations are current
- Accountable for ensuring corporate Safety Management System activities are being effectively applied by staff personnel with PHI Air Medical
- Promote PHI's Destination Zero initiative.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Two 24 hour shift each week
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current and unrestricted state certification/license as a Paramedic.
- Current required AHA certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, NRP) and PHTLS or ITLS.
- Driver's License, Ambulance Driver, Medical Examiner, local emergency medical services authorities as applicable
- EMS provider or Fire Service experience is preferred
- Effective human relations skills
- Competent computer abilities for electronic charting
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment) drug screening testing and background screen
- Advanced degree in related field preferred
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com