Capt, Check Trng-FW(Air/Med)
- - 3301P - Training-Pilots-EMS
- Full Time 7&7
- Job posting restricted to pilots currently assigned to PHI Air Medical Airplane bases of operations.
- This assignment is an additional role / responsibility to existing base and aircraft assignments.
- Instruct Initial, Recurrent, Upgrade, Requalification, Initial Equipment, and Differences Training as necessary to pilots
- Provide ground, flight, and possibly simulator instruction on specific types of aircraft and company procedures
- Provide initial and recurrent training to clinical crewmembers for aircraft safety and operating procedures
- Evaluate the knowledge, skill, and ability by observation and questioning of company pilots, and determine the degree of qualification to operate the aircraft to which they are assigned.
- Travel to various training locations can be expected.
- Evaluate the performance and knowledge of all company pilots in accordance with FAA regulations and company policies through pilot proficiency checks as directed.
- Evaluate qualified pilots and observe them in the performance of their normal routine pilot duties.
- Record findings of check flights on appropriate forms.
- Responsible for the safe operation of company aircraft while performing the evaluation tasks.
- Identify errors or shortcomings on the part of the pilot's performance, bringing them to his/her attention, demonstrating correct techniques or procedures as applicable.
- Demand skillful accomplishment of emergency procedures
- Recommend to management whether pilot performance, based on evaluation, is adequate enough to remain in a position as line pilot, or whether additional instruction is required.
- Assist the Manager of Training in reviewing and updating the Pilot Training Curriculum.
- Assist in creating necessary flight documents as required of the Training Department, such as Checklists, etc.
- Keep personal copy of assigned manuals current.
- Keep personal copies of flight planning documents up to date.
- Guide Instructor Pilots to become Check Pilots.
- Provide ground and flight training to outside customers as necessary
- Perform all other assigned tasks as directed from the Manager of Flight Standards, Director of Training, Chief Pilot, or other company leadership.
- Review and update lesson plans and exams as directed.
- 3 year minimum service requirement expected. At completion of tenure, the candidate will be evaluated for continued assignment in training, or can return to open positons IAW the bid processes outlined in the CBA.
- Comply with company HS&E initiatives; Promote Destination Zero, Life Saving Thinking, etc. at the line level.
- 7 & 7
- Qualification as a pilot on the PHI Air Medical VE7A certificate
- Present assignment as a Captain in an existing PHI Air Medical Airplane base
- First Class Medical Certificate
- Certified Flight Instructor- Airplane
- 2 years recent experience required as an active EMS line pilot or EMS instructor pilot
- Minimum two years' recent experience operating the make/model of aircraft listed in job posting
- Prior experience as a 14 CFR 135 flight instructor and/or check airman
- High School Diploma
- SPIFR experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of 14 CFR 135 and other parts related to operations, aircrew training and checking, General Operations Manuals, Air Medical Operations, and pilot training program.
- Effective communicator
- Working knowledge of AMRM / CRM
- CFI – Instrument Airplane
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift 100 pounds),drug screening, and background check.
- Interview with Chief Pilot/Mgr. of Training / Mgr. Flight Standards required, to include a short presentation by the applicant, in an academic setting.
- 500 Hours in BE200 or LR31
- 500 Hours in domestic air ambulance operations
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com