Billing Support Specialist
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Prioritize and share in distribution and processing of high volume of daily work along with various departmental projects.
- Demonstrate proficiency in PFS billing systems and external software as required.
- Ability to review, and evaluate patient accounts for appropriate handling in response to correspondence or phone calls.
- Scanning and Data Entry of all incoming correspondence.
- Contact patients, guarantors and facilities to obtain additional information for insurance processing.
- Document Control of patient records to include support of all HIPAA requirements.
- Mailing outgoing claims, invoices and letters.
- Perform insurance verification and requesting patient demographics from facilities in support of pre-billing.
- Perform basic collection activities to include patient calls to discuss balance, setting up payment plans and screening for client charity plan submission.
- Basic understanding of explanation of benefits from payers and insurance collections terms.
- Display competence in communication both (verbal and written) and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate and maintain consistent customer focus in the face of adversity and change.
- Participate in increasing responsibility through ongoing training to support other teams.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5 & 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Have 1 year of previous experience in medical billing/collections or applicable customer service experience along with completion/certification of medical billing.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and using office equipment.
- Have PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel at a high level.
- Must have prior experience with email and using the web.
- Must be able to pass pre-placement drug screening and background screen
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media