Access Specialist Behavioral Health
- - 3620C - Comm Spec-Patient Navigation
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
- Provides high quality customer service to all customers/clients of PHI Air Medical via face to face and telephone interactions
- Coordinates admission/placements from potential referral sources including but not limited to hospitals, clinics, Nursing Homes, and physician offices as defined in workflows
- Demonstrates and performs computer data entry as indicated
- Assist with and / or facilitates ground and / or Air EMS transport as defined in workflows, and documents as indicated in the appropriate database
- Ensures accurate and concurrent data collection and maintenance of all patient information, and protects such as defined by HIPAA laws and regulations on behalf of client and PHI Air Medical
- Assist with and/or facilitates patient placements as directed by clinical staff and documents activity in appropriate database
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with clinical staff at all times
- Assists with QI audits and generates reports as directed
- Provides input into PHI Air Medical processes and protocols to improve workflows to enhance operational efficiency
- Demonstrates knowledge of local, State, and Federal regulatory requirements, PHI Air Medical Ethics and Compliance policies; and ensures compliance standards are met or exceeded at all times
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care; escalates issues through the established Chain of Command in a timely manner
- Assist with other functions as assigned within PHI Air Medical scope of operations.
- Schedule varies
- College graduate or medical certificate program preferred
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
Training / License / Certifications:
- Basic Medical Terminology and/or understanding of medical workflows specific to Behavioral Health preferred
- Detail oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to function is a fast paced, at times high stress, work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
- Computer literate – understands database navigation and online clinical documentation
- Prior Communications Center experience preferred, but not required
- Previous work experience in behavioral health required.
- Previous clerical, administrative, or general office experience required
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement drug test and background screen
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com