Captain, Lead VFR- Bryan, TX
- - 3237P - Pilots-Bryan/ColStn, TX-AMG
- Bryan, TX, USA
- Full Time 7&7
- PHI Air Medical (operating under CAMTS guidelines)
- Helicopter Air Ambulance (HAA) operations
- CaptainBH407 VFR/NVG (Instrument rating required)
- 24 Hrs. operations (day/night rotation)
- If successful applicant requires aircraft transition - 1 year minimum service requirement
- Relocation package is available - If relocation package is utilized - 2 year minimum service requirement
- Housing will not be provided
- Schedule 7/7, Day of week the base changes schedules, and schedule change may be required
- Must live within 1 hour commute from the base
- Qualified on the VE7A certificate
- BH407 Qualified & Current
- Commercial and Instrument Helicopter Ratings
- First Class Medical
- CAMTS Requirement // 2,000 Total Hours // 1,500 Hours Helicopter // 1,000 Hours PIC Helicopters // 500 Hours Turbine Helicopters // 100 Hours in Unaided Night Operations or 50 Hours Unaided and 100 Hours Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- 215 lbs. Body Weight Limit
- 2 Years Helicopter Air Ambulance (HAA) Experience
- Strong Communication, Internal and External Customer Service Skills
- Interview and Acceptance by Customer
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift 100 pounds to assist in the loading and unloading of patients and equipment.), drug screening and background screen.
- Basic and geographical pay
- External search may run concurrently with internal job posting.
- Successful applicant will participate in community outreach programs and adhere to PHI Air Medical policies.
- Some lifting will be required to assist in the loading and unloading of patients and equipment.
- Perform line pilot duties IAW GOM.
- Support Safety Management System, Destination Zero, and other company safety campaigns.
- Work with both internal and external customers to provide safe, efficient, courteous, and reliable service.
LEAD PILOT DUTIES
- Under the supervision of Air Medical Base Supervisor/Business Operations Manager, Area Operations Manager and general direction of the Director of Operations, Chief Pilot, and the Manager of the Scheduling Department, insure a staff of pilots are maintained with the knowledge and skill required to operate the various types of aircraft at that base I.A.W. General Operations Manual (GOM) and FAA regulations.
- Coordinates with Air Medical Base Supervisor/Business Operations Manager and Area Manager for business planning, marketing and efficient operation of EMS base.
- Supervision of EMS base pilots to include, professional development, assessments, counseling and recommending disciplinary action as required.
- Responsible to work with Air Medical Base Supervisor/Business Operations Manager for scheduling base pilots' occupational health compliance, safety training and assisting the Training Dept in the scheduling of recurrent training.
- Per base scheduling duties to include monthly schedule, workover assignments and status, sick call,/vacation/open shift coverage, to include collaboration with other lead pilots, if necessary to cover open shifts.
- If off duty and unavailable, the lead pilot will assure that open shifts are covered by a responsible party.
- Timely distribution of monthly schedule to appropriate departments including timely updates regarding changes to Area Manager and appropriate offices/supervisors.
- Responsible to work with Air Medical Base Supervisor/Business Operations Manager for base pilots' bonus /expense vouchers approvals for payment.
- Audits routine base bills and processes for payment. Per other duties that may be assigned to them by the Air Medical Base Supervisor/Business Operations Manager and Area Operations Manager.
- Insure that all paperwork and reports are neat, accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Insure compliance with FAA Regulations and Company Policies and Procedures by all personnel under their supervision.
- Keeps the Area and Maintenance Managers and Scheduling Dept informed of the operational status of his/her aircraft.
- Participate in safety meetings and assist the base safety representatives in insuring flight safety, maintain a safe workplace and safety audits.
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Conflict Management – Can recognize that conflict can be a valuable part of the decision-making process.
- Mission Focus – Understands and supports the organization's mission – its core purpose of being.
- Positive Impact – Can make positive impressions on those around you.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – Can identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgment.
- Team Player – Can identify with a larger organizational team and their role within it.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media