- - 3129T - Nurse-Med-VICTX-AMG
- Victoria, TX, USA
- Full Time C
- Performs a wide range of specialized functions and complex assessments, diagnoses, therapies and emergency treatment of patients transported by rotor-wing and/or fixed wing and/or ground.
- Documents appropriate and accurate information for assessment and treatment during stabilization and transport.
- Documents accurate and complete billing information of patient transports.
- Maintains and facilitates effective and timely communication between management, internal and external customers.
- Participates in activities to support PR and marketing efforts.
- Maintains knowledge base for flight nursing role by attending mandatory meetings, chart reviews, equipment reviews, skill labs, clinical rotations, and continuing education sessions related to the care and transport of critically ill and/or injured patients.
- Completes all annual recurrent competency requirements.
- Maintains an active RN license and all certifications required by policy.
- Clinically functions under the direction of the program's Medical Director through medical protocols and procedures and online medical guidance. For clinical matters, reports directly to the program's Manager of Clinical Services and indirectly to the National Director of Clinical Standards.
- Schedule varies
- Candidate must live within a one-hour or sixty (60) miles from the base (whichever is greater) of the candidate's residence
- Current and unrestricted state license as a Registered Nurse
- Must maintain body weight below 215 lbs
- Minimum of 3 years current critical care/emergency department experience (5yrs preferred)
- Current required AHA certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP) and approved Trauma Course (PHTLS, ITLS, TNCC, TNATC)
- Effective human relations skills and competent computer abilities for electronic charting
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, lift 100 pounds), drug screening and background screen
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field preferred
- Minimum Texas EMT basic certification preferred and must be obtained one year from date of hire
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media