Medical Billing Specialist I -Pre-Billing/Financial Liaison
- - 3625F - Admin-FIN-EMS-Mgmt
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time 5&2
• Perform in-depth transport reviews to verify all required fields are present for billing to include demographic information, mileage and facility information and clinical support of the bill.
• Maintain a professional relationship with all facilities and first responders in order to obtain demographic information for billing.
• Understand all payer requirements for prior-authorization, claim form completion and coordination of benefits.
• Perform verification of insurances to include gathering benefit and all plan information.
• Act as a patient advocate when discussing all options for outstanding balance resolution.
• Organize and prioritize work to support production goals to include utilizing on-line tools and required systems and software.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• 5 & 2
• Phoenix, AZ
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Have 1 to 3 years of previous experience in medical billing/collections in a medical office, clinical site, or billing/collections office.
• Knowledge of general office procedures and using office equipment.
• Have PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
• Must have prior experience with email and using the web.
Must be able to pass a pre-placement drug test and background screen
• Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media