Ombudsman Phoenix, AZ
- - PFS
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
We have other positions available - search PHI Air Medical
PHI Air Medical is America's premier full-service air ambulance provider. We are currently looking for an Ombudsman candidate ready to join our team of skilled and dedicated individuals supporting the mission of safety, quality care and customer service. This opportunity is for our central Phoenix medical billing location and is for regular business hours. Competitive salary and benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, 401K and vacation and sick time.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ombudsman with previous experience in customer service relations that include effective continuous service improvements. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office – Word and Excel and must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
JOB SUMMARY : Develops and maintains an integrated approach to customer relations that includes complaint management and employee and program development that effectively focuses on continuous service improvement.
• Works to develop, implement and monitor initiatives to ensure positive patient experiences.
• Coordinates with management to ensure employee engagement supports patient satisfaction.
• Ensures employees are trained and internally certified in customer service and advocacy.
• Acts as a liaison between patients and their areas of concern – facilities, departments or caregivers.
• Understands all rules, regulations and policies regarding patient rights (CMS, HIPAA, FDCPA, EMS, etc.).
• Performs initial independent investigation and documentation of service issues involving patients, payers, facilities and other departments, utilizing clinical and compliance resources.
• Assists local management with cases requiring education of patient advocacy, appeals and payment arrangements.
• Monitors calls and provides feedback to employees to improve interaction with patients, payers and facilities.
• Tracks and trends all incoming issues to determine additional training and/or support needs.
• Supports training of new hires and existing employees, utilizing reality based scenarios.
• Audits accounts and makes recommendations for training, staffing or process based on findings.
• Participates in review of collection agency accounts, patient legal cases and difficult accounts to ensure appropriate actions were followed.
• Assists in mediation and negotiation with patients, payers and attorneys to resolve disputes.
• Any other duties as assigned. Supports company Safety Management System activities.
• Complies with company HS&E policies and procedures.
• Understands and provides visible support of Destination Zero.
• 5 & 2
• Phoenix, AZ
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise in MS office suite software.
• Customer service and advocacy is the main focus and skill set of this position.
• Regular pay scale applies
• Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
• Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
• Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
• Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
• Conflict Management – Can recognize that conflict can be a valuable part of the decision-making process.
• Mission Focus – Understands and supports the organization's mission – its core purpose of being.
• Positive Impact – Can make positive impressions on those around you.
• Problem Solving & Decision Making – Can identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgment.
• Team Player – Can identify with a larger organizational team and their role within it.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media