Transfer Center EMT Phoenix, AZ
- - Transfer Center
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
- Provides high quality customer service to all customers / clients of PHI Air Medical via face to face and telephone interactions.
- Coordinates PHI Air Medical functions in support of emergent, urgent and elective patients to a final destination facility from all potential referral sources to include but not limited to hospitals, clinics, Nursing Homes, and physician offices via a single call to initiate acceptance and expedite decision making relative to a potential access in support of PHI Air Medical clients.
- Facilitates patient throughput to a final destination facility with an ongoing focus on quality and efficiency.
- Works directly with staff at each client facility to ensure timely access, appropriate bed assignment, and accurate patient information documentation to assist with an appropriate final destination plan of care at receiving facility.
- Ensures accurate and concurrent data collection and maintenance of all patient information, and protects such as defined by HIPAA laws and regulations on behalf of client and PHI Air Medical.
- Proficient in Central Logic database, telephone systems with call recording, and / or Bed Management systems and office-oriented systems as required to support client operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to process patient acuity utilizing critical thinking, clinical decision making, and acquired knowledge skills to assist in assessing situations and facilitate patient flow across the continuum of care for each client facility.
- Demonstrates the ability to triage and prioritize patient information under the direction of an RN and communicate an accurate clinical presentation of the patient for accepting physicians and nurses.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients of all ages of patients served.
- Completes all training and is competent in the application of Bed Management, Patient throughput and access, Interqual, EMTALA, HIPAA, and other programs as defined by PHI Air Medical leadership.
- Serves as a PHI Air Medical consultant and mediator for physicians (and their offices), NP's, PA's, nurses, and ancillary staff on behalf of clients. Communicates with physicians and outlying facilities regarding all patient access, potential bed placements, and assists with coordinating patient movement from one facility to another based on defined protocols and criteria.
- Uses problem-solving skills in collaboration with the Access Specialist II & III to make recommendations that promotes the best potential patient outcome based on clinical information, patient and / or physician preferences, and the capability / capacity of both transferring and receiving facilities.
- Utilizes effective and professional communication to act as liaison on behalf of client facilities between physicians, patient/family, hospital staff, and outside agencies.
- Tracks and trends barriers to PHI Air Medical and client processes and makes recommendations and assists with the development of action plans to improve processes and systems.
- Participates in daily bed management meetings (possibly virtual) as deemed appropriate and effectively communicates resources and issues relative to clients' established objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements such as EMTALA, PHI Air Medical and client Ethics and Compliance policies, quality initiatives, and HIPAA laws and regulations; monitors self-compliance and implements process changes to ensure compliance to such regulations and quality initiatives.
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care; escalates issues through the established Chain of Command in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as assigned within defined Scope of Practice.
- Schedule varies
- Must live within 1 hour from the base
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of an accredited school of Emergency Medical technicians (Required if hired after August 1, 2016) or Transfer Center experience and must obtain EMT licensure within six-months.
Training / License / Certifications:
- Current licensure as an EMT in the State of Patient Navigation Operations and any other state as indicated by PHI Air Medical leadership and operations.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, analytical and critical thinking, prioritization, negotiation, conflict resolution, proactive decision making
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Three years of related clinical experience in an acute care setting (ED or Critical Care Preferred)
- Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
- Customer Orientation - Effective performers stay close to customers and consumers. They view the organization through the eyes of the customer and go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs. They continually seek information and understand regarding market trends.
- Leader Identification - Effective performers identify with the role of leader and enjoy positions of responsibility and the exercise of authority. They understand that management is a distinct vocation and choose to be in a leadership position.
- Organizing & Planning - Effective performers have strong organizing and planning skills that allow them to be highly productive and efficient. They manage their time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks. They plan, organize and actively manage meetings for maximum productivity.
- Results Orientation - Effective performers maintain appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments. They are motivated by achievement and persist until the goal is reached. They convey a sense of urgency to make things happen. They respect the need to balance short- and long-term goals. They are driven by a need for closure.
- Talent Management - Effective performers keep a continual eye on the talent pool, monitoring skills and needs of all team members. They expand the skills of staff through training, coaching, and development activities related to current and future jobs. They evaluate and articulate present performance and potential to create opportunities for better use of staff abilities. They identify developmental needs and assist individuals in developing plans to improve themselves. They stay proficient in appropriate talent management processes, including best practices for prospecting, recruiting, selection, orientation and succession management.
- Team Management - Effective performers create and maintain functional work units. They understand the human dynamics of team formation and maintenance. They formulate team roles and actively recruit and select to build effective workgroups. They develop and communicate clear team goals and roles, and they provide a level of guidance and management appropriate to the circumstances. They reward team behavior and foster a team atmosphere in the workplace.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media