- - Clinical
- Socorro, NM, USA
- Full Time
• Full Time Flight Nurse responsible for providing comprehensive care to critically ill and/or injured patients of all ages in both pre-hospital and inter-facility hospital settings
• Understands and applies specialized principles and techniques of flight nursing practice, advanced emergency procedures and diagnostics.
• Performs a variety of outreach and educational activities in addition to flight related responsibilities
• Maintains current certifications and licenses required for active flight duty
• Schedule varies
• Must live within 1 hour from the base
• Current and unrestricted state license as a Registered Nurse .
• Must maintain body weight below 215#
• Minimum of 3 years current critical care/emergency department experience (5yrs preferred)
• Current required AHA certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP) and approved Trauma Course (PHTLS, ITLS, TNCC, TNATC)
• Effective human relations skills and competent computer abilities for electronic charting
• Must be able to pass pre-hire physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment) and drug screening testing
• Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field preferred
• Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.