- - Clinical
- Greenville, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Paramedic responsible for providing comprehensive care to critically ill and/or injured patients of all ages in both pre-hospital and inter-facility hospital settings.
- Understands and applies specialized principles and techniques of paramedic practice, advanced emergency procedures and diagnostics.
- Performs a variety of outreach and educational activities in addition to paramedic related responsibilities.
- Maintains current certifications required for employment.
- The schedule for this position will be two 24-hour shifts of duty each week. Each 24-hour shift will include regularly scheduled uninterrupted sleeping period of no more than 8 hours. All other time (16 hours) in the 24-hour shift will be considered time worked, including time for on duty meal periods. If employees receive less than 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep in any 24-hour shift, the entire 8 hour sleep period will be included as hours of work. Where there is no on duty meal period agreement in place, no more than three meal periods of not more than 1 hour will be excluded from the daily time worked. Overtime will be paid for all hours worked in excess of 40 hours per week. The Company will ensure that you are provided adequate dormitory and kitchen facilities for employees on such a schedule.
- Two 24 hour shift each week
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current and unrestricted state certification/license as a Paramedic.
- Current required AHA certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, NRP) and PHTLS or ITLS.
- Driver's License, Ambulance Driver, Medical Examiner, local emergency medical services authorities as applicable
- EMS provider or Fire Service experience is preferred
- Effective human relations skills
- Competent computer abilities for electronic charting
- Must be able to pass functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment)
- Advanced degree in related field preferred
- Regular pay scale applies
- Individual must possess the following Behavioral Competencies:
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.
PHI Air Medical https://phiairmedical.hirecentric.com